Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ending the Alpha Stress Test

Ryan Dancey

Players, some exciting news.

Our stress tests this weekend indicate that the server performance has improved to the point where it exceeds our minimum qualification requirements to move the project to the start of Early Enrollment.

The team is on Christmas break but we are still doing some basic housekeeping tasks in preparation for some monumental announcements just over the horizon. One of those things is changing the code to reflect the correct permissions for Early Enrollment.

So it is with a little bit of wistfulness but a heart full of excitement that I'm announcing that we're ending the Alpha Stress Test period this afternoon.

After we make the necessary server side changes the only people who will be able to access the game will be those with Alpha or Early Enrollment accounts. People who had Alpha Access via a friend & family invite or other mechanism will no longer be able to log in. Nor will users with Explorer or Open Enrollment access. (Remember - you can always upgrade your account in the Goblinworks.com store!)

We thank everyone for helping us with the Alpha Test. Without your participation and feedback we would not have been able to achieve the huge improvement in the game that Alpha has represented. Due to your help Crowdforging we've been able to get core game systems aligned with your expectations and to verify that the various systems are working as intended (or within parameters we'll accept in the short term).

Have a great Holiday!

RyanD
Nihimon
/murmur
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Azure_Zero
Sweet, Looks like New Year's Eve could be quite the party.

Provided EE goes live BEFORE New Years Eve
The Pompous Peasant
Nice and congrats to the major step taken!
“It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But a half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor.”

Neil Gaiman
Bunibuni
Yeah, I have hopes of a New Year's Eve EE party myself. smile
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Jane Snow
Wouldn't that be fun???? New office is SICK by the way <3
"Y'know, I thought you might be some sort of sorcery savant, but it turns out you're just a brat – and you're about to get spanked… " - Zatanna Zatara
T: @Bonnekerz | F: /Janeislicious | bonny@goblinworks.com
plopmania
With the new office and new year (just around the corner!), how about a bundled QA/office tour/team intro video? smile I for one think that would be sweet.
Giorgio
+1. A tour of the new office sounds nice.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Bunibuni
Virtual tour first?
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post