Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Game Question

greatox1
Hello, I am asking if you guys wipe the characters out of the game when official release is made?
Bunibuni
yes, everything is wiped. Starting fresh with EE.
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Azure_Zero
greatox1
Hello, I am asking if you guys wipe the characters out of the game when official release is made?

Yes, there is the EE wipe. After that no more wipes.
So everyone's EE character, when at OE launches are still there.
Nihimon
greatox1

There will be a wipe tomorrow. There shouldn't be any more wipes after that. If you start tomorrow (after 10:00 AM Pacific), you can expect that character will never be wiped.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
wildoneizzy
Should I download the client now, even though EE doesn't start for 6 hours, or wait until then to dl the installer? I'm worried about congestion.
JoJampa
The correct installer will not be available until after the update later this morning
Valkenr
The last planned wipe was at the start of EE

There are no planned future character wipes

That does not mean there will never be another wipe. GW has stated a few times they will not try and tolerate/compensate for game-breaking/economy-destroying bugs. This isn't going to be like TOR where they just let a group of people exploit billions of credits and just let the economy lay in over-inflated shambles.

Character XP is Sacred
You will never lose xp, even if there is a wipe. Your new characters will have the same xp as your wiped characters, you will just have to re-train everything and re-do the achievements.
Kitsune
Valkenr Darkaal
The last planned wipe was at the start of EE

There are no planned future character wipes

That does not mean there will never be another wipe. GW has stated a few times they will not try and tolerate/compensate for game-breaking/economy-destroying bugs. This isn't going to be like TOR where they just let a group of people exploit billions of credits and just let the economy lay in over-inflated shambles.

Character XP is Sacred
You will never lose xp, even if there is a wipe. Your new characters will have the same xp as your wiped characters, you will just have to re-train everything and re-do the achievements.

Even still, I don't think there'll be any true wipes, rather if something that terrible happened (as you described with TOR), I would expect to see some sort of rollback.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post