Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

New for EE - an Improved Unofficial PFO Atlas

Harad Navar
[EDIT:]
Version 1.0b of the Unofficial PFO Atlas is now live. The buildings for PC Crafting settlements has been added. Also, some spelling corrections have been made. It seems that Phoenix Pass did not make it into EE so it has been removed from the map.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Yebng
awesome, when you make markers savable can you also make it so we can type notes into the markers?
Harad Navar
Yes. The idea is to build in a way for you to make your own notes tied to a physical location. There will be different icon images so you can visually separate an important location, like a monster camp, from (for example) a shrine. Saving these to a local file for reload when you next use the atlas saves a lot of back end overhead.
HunterOfStorms
Awesome smile

ps Rogue (not red cheek powder) - unless Phaeros has changed it's focus to Makeup Wizardry smile
Harad Navar
Hunter, that did get fixed last night.
Harad Navar

Version 1.0b of the Unofficial PFO Atlas is now live. The buildings for PC Crafting settlements has been added. Also, some spelling corrections have been made. It seems that Phoenix Pass did not make it into EE so it has been removed from the map.
Kitsune
Very awesome, I'm lovin' it.

Recommendations:
- Put the buildings on their own layer
- Add label overlays for the buildings, on their own layer, disabled by default.

Thank you again for your hard work!
Harad Navar
The building layer visibility is triggered by zoom level because at wider zooms they clutter the map. I will have to do this differently when we get taverns, smallholdings, and PoI. There is also an issue with selectability if the layers are not displayed or selected in a specific order.
Kitsune
Harad Navar
The building layer visibility is triggered by zoom level because at wider zooms they clutter the map. I will have to do this differently when we get taverns, smallholdings, and PoI. There is also an issue with selectability if the layers are not displayed or selected in a specific order.

Yeah, I did notice that the buildings are based on zoom level. Was just thinking that someone might want to turn them on/off manually at closer zooms. But might want to keep that checkbox disabled at the extremely wide zooms. But hey, the current iteration is certainly very functional.

As for the layer order, that's unfortunate. In my experience using GIS products, it is possible to set layers to be manually selectable, but still disabled at wider zooms. Further, I've seen some labels and map symbols be dynamic, such that they adjust in size, font size, or even type of symbol - all based on zoom level.

Obviously, this is a webapp, and it will have its limitations. But I figured I'd elaborate on whare my recommendations were coming from. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post