Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Chat Emotes

Bob
Several emote commands are available in the chat window, such as /wave and /dance, that will broadcast a local text message saying that you waved or you danced. You can also direct the emote at a specific character by selecting the character and then typing the particular emote command. The emote messages are only broadcast locally, so they'll only show up in the Chat and Local tabs, and only for those players within local range.

As an example, if Player1 types /battlecry into the chat window with no characters selected, here's what will be displayed in the local channel:

What Player1 sees: You shout a battle cry.
What other players nearby see: Player1 shouts a battle cry.

And if Player1 types /battlecry with Player2 selected, here's what will be displayed:

What Player1 sees: You shout a battle cry at Player2.
What Player2 sees: Player1 shouts a battle cry at you.
What other players nearby see: Player1 shouts a battle cry at Player2.

The following emotes are currently available:

/battlecry
/bow
/brushhair
/castrunes
/challenge
/cheer
/clap
/cry
/dance
/drink
/flex
/flipcoin
/flirt
/focus
/glare
/goodbye
/harrumph
/hello
/honeweapon
/impressed
/juggle
/laugh
/playdead
/plead
/point
/pray
/readentrails
/rollbones
/rollcoin
/rolleyes
/salute
/scoff
/shinearmor
/sing
/smile
/stretch
/strokechin
/tapfingers
/taunt
/thank
/threaten
/wave
/whistle
/whittle
/yawn
/yodel

Bunibuni
Can we eventually get an "I Emote in your general direction" emote? smile
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Zayvian
Any chance these will eventually be followed by animations and sounds?
Ryan Dancey
@Zayvian - if the Crowdforging process directs us in that direction, yes.
Schedim
Emotes are something I (surprisingly) miss. I'm not used to play games with actual people around and I feel I want to do stuff all the time… jumping just goes that far…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Being
/low_priority
Lo, the mighty Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground!
foxglove
I'm with Schedim on this one.
Emotes are valuable for social interaction, and a some animations (wave, bow, dance, sit) will certainly add value for many gamers. Certainly not critical or urgent, but worth having at some point.

Text emotes are a great start though. thanks.

(btw, is it bad form to read someones entrails just after killing them?)
Foxglove - of Pathfinder University (PFU/Riverbank)
Silkworm - of Phoenix Industries (TEO/Brighthaven)
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
Bunibuni
yeah, I like emotes too but would put them lower down on the scale of things to do, right after a DT bank, a company bank and a settlement bank. smile
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Wolf of Rathglen
At first glance I thought that said /strokechicken.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Bob
One more emote for the list:

/hello

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post