Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

How to damage a skeleton

daCraigO
Hello. My name is Barnibus P Vernworthy. I was running around and noticed a few skeletons about. Nasty things. Anyway, I decided to hit them with the old frost ray to show them some manners. Turned out to not effect them in the slightest. Could it be that my connection to the arcane is not strong enough? Or is frost ray just the wrong approach?
Nihimon
Skeletons are immune to cold…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
daCraigO
Nihimon
Skeletons are immune to cold…

Thank you!

I knew it must be something like that. The feat keywords didn't seem to help. Now where did that war wizard trainer go…
Decius
Negative won't work either, FYI.
Azure_Zero
A good sword or holy spell does wonders in killing undead.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
But only non-cold holy spells. Fire based is good. And if it's one of the specialty skeletons, it may need even more. I find that spears or big-mucking-blades work on most things.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
I can't tell if Holy Light is Super Effective! or just regular effective.
Stephen Cheney
Undead have significantly reduced resistances vs. Holy damage… but most things have little resistance vs. holy, so at low levels the differences are only a couple of points of base damage. It should start to become increasingly noticeable against higher level undead.
Decius
Stephen Cheney
Undead have significantly reduced resistances vs. Holy damage… but most things have little resistance vs. holy, so at low levels the differences are only a couple of points of base damage. It should start to become increasingly noticeable against higher level undead.
Do most things at higher levels resist non-physical damage to varying degrees?

Do most things that resist multiple damage types have a non-resistance to one or more types?

If so, I feel that getting that information is about as likely as getting the resource tables, for the same reason. But it does put detailed combat logs between "nice to have" and "required" on the priority list. (I am aware that programming isn't even looking at things below "OMG!" right now, but I'm totally wondering if I could hire someone to go over the video and extract the damage numbers…smile
daCraigO
Since I had specked initially with cold and mental spells, I needed to rethink my ability to attack anything undead. I'm better at that now.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post