Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

We lose Game time in Beta?

AtomX
There's only one rule about DT. Once it's set, that's it, no changing anything you can have 3 characters on an account but you can NEVER give XP to one of them unless you want to loose DT. The kickstarter says you will have it forever. I hope this is fixed in the future and assuming it is (Which you know that they say about assuming.) That still leaves the fact that they sold their product under the false pretences that this would be a beta. And are now saying it's not, and that we are required to pay for it…
JoJampa
It is unlikely the current setup will effect me as I have difficulty just keeping 2 characters active but the way I interpreted DT was that as long as the other character to which is was linked was earning XP, so would the DT. But if we are allowed 3 character per account, then those with DT can't actually use that 3rd character at this time since setting it to gain XP will remove the DT benefit. I'm hoping long term that there will be the option of either the main/DT earning XP or the 3rd character earning XP.
AtomX
JoJampa
It is unlikely the current setup will effect me as I have difficulty just keeping 2 characters active but the way I interpreted DT was that as long as the other character to which is was linked was earning XP, so would the DT. But if we are allowed 3 character per account, then those with DT can't actually use that 3rd character at this time since setting it to gain XP will remove the DT benefit. I'm hoping long term that there will be the option of either the main/DT earning XP or the 3rd character earning XP.

That was my understanding. Of it as well. Right now they are simply punishing those of us that Paid the extra for DT because we effectively lose a character slot on our account.
Bringslite
Everything that your missing third character could train and do for you can be done by just training it on the first or second character. You are not losing ANY exp by complying with GW's first iteration of the Destiny's Twin perk. Everything that you trained on a third character (if you could) by switching the exp hose to #3 would be lost exp for TWO characters: Your main and your Twin when you switch the hose to a third. Your main would stop earning and so, in perfect proportion, your twin would stop earning.

It makes much more sense to just not do that. The universe typically does not allow us unlimited options in everything that we do….
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
AtomX
That still leaves the fact that they sold their product under the false pretences that this would be a beta. And are now saying it's not, and that we are required to pay for it…
They also said, right from the start, that it wouldn't be a typical "bug hunt" beta and that it would be pay to play. Notwithstanding your frustration, and despite their having changed what they call it, it was always going to be paid for. You are not paying for anything that you weren't going to have to pay for right from the start.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
AtomX
How ever it does give you the option to do it if you say, wanted a LG and a CE character and then had your 3rd as a crafter for the two.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
AtomX
That was my understanding. Of it as well. Right now they are simply punishing those of us that Paid the extra for DT because we effectively lose a character slot on our account.

Who paid extra for DT? I thought it was a free gift to everyone who participated before the million dollar mark?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
There is clearly just a disconnect here. It was pretty plain (even though GW called it a "beta phase" back then) that it would be a paid phase. That was in the details pretty early on.

Now that does not mean that you have to be happy about it. Everybody has thier own expectations. If the knowledge that it would be a "pay to play" phase of the game was published, before you pledged whatever you did, that is on you. There isn't much you can do about that. GW would be well within thier rights to say something like "tough luck". They are more polite than that but you know what I mean. I won't guess what they will do in your case. If you like the game and where it is going, I would tough it out and work around whatever handicap you feel is being pushed onto you. The DT perk is a pretty awesome deal even if it were to stay as it is now.

I am 48 years old. I have been burned for buying into things (many times) before I checked them out well. I am better about that now, but I still do things like that occasionally. Enthusiasm often kills caution.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
JoJampa
All, please don't misunderstand my post … I was simply trying to point out how I understood the original context for how DT would work. It doesn't really bother me much at all but I can see how it might bother others.
AtomX
Bringslite
There is clearly just a disconnect here. It was pretty plain (even though GW called it a "beta phase" back then) that it would be a paid phase. That was in the details pretty early on.

Could you provide a link as to where it said the Advertised as beta phase was going to be a phase we had to pay for?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post