Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Suggestions

greatox1
Hello, after playing the game for about a day or two, I came up with some ideas and suggestions for the game,

1. EXP added after every PvE kill, and a sign that you gained exp.
2. Weapon and Shield graphic added to idle standing, walking, running, all the time showing, to show off what you have wielded.
3. Instead of clicking a door in the town maps, to open up a menu of creating a item/weapon/armor, for example, the armorer has an anvil, use the anvil to create armors, and have a graphic animation to creating, with sound.
4. The attributes STR DEX , and more, should go up after some point of using strength like options, for example, hunting a monster, it goes up, or gathering enough exp to raise the attribute.
5. After every PvE kill, add a looting option to see what the monster had dropped and click to loot.

That is all, and one more thing, I reported some bugs ingame.
Decius
Actively selecting the items taken is a good idea. More animations can be crowdforged; there are only so many artists to improve all the visuals. I don't think that the amount of time spent in the crafting interface warrants an animation before emotes.
Gog
1. EXP added after every PvE kill, and a sign that you gained exp.
This would be a complete redesign of the entire character-advancement system. XP gain at a constant rate is a core design decision. You get credit for achievements after each kill and that is displayed in your achievement tracker, but XP is earned purely based on time and that's not going to change.

2. Weapon and Shield graphic added to idle standing, walking, running, all the time showing, to show off what you have wielded.

Cosmetic graphics are not core functionality and so are low priority for this stage of development.

3. Instead of clicking a door in the town maps, to open up a menu of creating a item/weapon/armor, for example, the armorer has an anvil, use the anvil to create armors, and have a graphic animation to creating, with sound.

See 2.

4. The attributes STR DEX , and more, should go up after some point of using strength like options, for example, hunting a monster, it goes up, or gathering enough exp to raise the attribute.

As with 1, this would be a change of the core game design from an XP-based system to a use-based system, and will not happen.

5. After every PvE kill, add a looting option to see what the monster had dropped and click to loot.

This is a matter of preference, but I strongly prefer having autoloot as the default mechanic; I'll lose much less time overall destroying stuff I don't want to carry if I'm overweight, than I would if I had to stop and manually loot each corpse. Having an option to disable autoloot would be nice but low priority.

That is all, and one more thing, I reported some bugs ingame.

There's no need to post this; if you submitted the bugs they got them.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Kitsune
Yeah, I have to agree with everything that Guurzak wrote, to the letter. The design changes you speak of (XP for kills, versus the current system of gaining XP over real-world-time), or for that matter the idea of gaining ANYTHING besides loot or achievements for killing something… would be completely against the design of this game. I know that "other" MMO's do it this way, but PFO is certainly not like most other MMOs.

As for the looting, that will likely change in the future. Currently looting is "working", in that when a creature dies, you get the loot. Adding something like a loot window and the option of whether or not to take the item would be an enhancement at this point, and all enhancements have a much lower priority than the current bug fixes that are needed, not to mention features that are just missing altogether.

Regardless, please don't be discouraged from posting like this. The whole point of Early Enrollment is that the devs want to hear things like this from the players. Without thoughtful feedback and suggestions, we'd just be stuck with a cookie-cutter WoW-clone where the Devs operate in a secret bunker and hope the players like the final product.
greatox1
After all the systematic suggestions, I thought up of more…
Suggestions:

1. A magic spell that opens a portal to a certain location saved.
2. Elemental weapons, that do elemental damage.
3. More sound effects like running footsteps sound effects.
Kitsune
greatox1
After all the systematic suggestions, I thought up of more…
Suggestions:

1. A magic spell that opens a portal to a certain location saved.
2. Elemental weapons, that do elemental damage.
3. More sound effects like running footsteps sound effects.

1) I'm sorry to say, but this is very unlikely to happen, unless you have empty bags. One of the staples of the economy in PFO is the fact that goods must be transported manually from settlement-to-settlement. I am not skilled with tongue enough to put the benefits of this into words at this time, but trust me, this is excellent for the game's economy that we can't transport anything instantly from one end of the map to the other (apart from Abadar credit, of course).

2) It would certainly add a huge additional layer of complexity to the current damage & damage mitigation systems, so unlikely to take a high priority anytime soon. However, I recommend putting this suggestion on the PFO Crowdforging Ideascale. If the idea is popular enough, we'll likely see it sooner rather than later.

3) I'd like to see this too, and I have my suspicions that this is already in the works (albeit at a lower priority than other currently-game-breaking bugs and missing features). But more SFX would certainly be awesome. Perhaps a Dev can chime-in on this one to give us a loose ETA (e.g. weeks? months? years?) on when we can expect to see additional SFX.

Keep 'em coming!
Dazyk of Phaeros
Elemental weapons will be implemented when Energy and Enchantment keywords and Enchanting come in to the game.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Vendictor
Here's my two silver pieces.
Change the color of guards and tutorial trainers on the mini map. Maybe purple for the guards and green for the tutorial trainers. Also change the color of the person who attacked you in a city. On the mini map everything is red, in battle you need to know where your enemy is coming from.
Speaking of battle, to be able to target the closest person to you when you hit the tab key. Numerous persons in my group have mentioned this because they all have died in a panic.
Having a locating mark on the city map. It takes a long while to memorize the town map, and sometimes still get locations wrong.

Thank you, Ven
Dazyk of Phaeros
Changes to NPC colour is in the next patch.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Saarith
Since people are dropping suggestions.

1. Instead of an auction house for everything, have an local active market with editable buy/sell orders. That way prices will adjust quickly to the "correct" value, the supply/demand is more tranparent, and the sales can be taxable giving the game a money sink and/or adding a income stream to settlement owners.

2. Have a auction/contract system that's viewable globally, but items are still transferred to the local bank upon purchase. This will boost trade in more expensive and exclusive merchantile, such as recipes, manuveurs and high end equipment.

3. Set up a contract system for so that individuals or companies can accept to transport goods or perform services for a fee. As a safety precaution a limit on the total encumberance can be added.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post