Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Lo, a Bard, a Would-be Bard

Hobson Fiffledown
When you know the words to sing
you can sing most anything

Lo, a bard, A Sunstorm bard!
Guurzak, with sage advice and luvs.
Nihimon, a waving wand elf.
Illililili-liliiii
And, to not hijack the thread
Add a bray from Wild Donkey
You could try rogue role instead
And that briiiiings us baaack to
This space for rent.
Micahbrack
So we need to have this sung at the next Adventure Time. Bards?
Deianira Sunstorm
<sniffles>

Work overwhelms me for a couple of days and look what I come back to! I'm so proud!

Working on a bard primer this weekend. Unfortunately I have these pesky friends coming over tonight so will have to entertain them, but other than that, I'm free. FREE!

Have also persuaded hubby to play PFO tomorrow. Expect to see Deianira and Brig wandering around somewhere.
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
Deianira Sunstorm
Hmm… Still figuring out what the hell I'm doing, but I'm concentrating on psychic and sonic effects in wizard spells. Sonic sounds very bard-ish, and psychic seems to fit with the theme as well. Have picked up dowser and sage but have NO idea yet what I'm doing with them. Also learning rogue skills.

And to think I wanted Deianira to be a sorcerer. She's very insistent, though, so future bard it is.

Also started The Groundlings! Yay! So far I only have a troupe of two, but that should be remedied by the end of the day.
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
Ortallus
Hoi! So I'm new here, and haven't even logged into the game yet, so I have really NO idea what I'm talking about! BUT!

Since Bard is generally a hybrid class, can you start with a rogue role, then add some buffs, heals, and charms from the other roles?
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Nihimon
@Ortallus, the devs have repeatedly declined to offer any advice for how to prepare for Roles that aren't released yet. They don't want to say something that their customers will hold them to later if the design changes significantly.

That said, if your vision of a Bard is rather Rogue-ish, then a Rogue is probably a good way to start out smile
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Ortallus
Well, smart move on the part of the devs! Though I was merely suggesting it from a player/problem solving standpoint. Thinking outside of mechanics, in a way.

Are there musical instruments in the game as yet? Are there going to be? I know people have done some pretty awesome things with instruments in other games.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Illililili
Ortallus
Well, smart move on the part of the devs! Though I was merely suggesting it from a player/problem solving standpoint. Thinking outside of mechanics, in a way.

Are there musical instruments in the game as yet? Are there going to be? I know people have done some pretty awesome things with instruments in other games.

Not yet. Probably one day. Orcs playing instruments in a Royal Camp would be pretty funny.
Gog
There are crafting recipes for musical instruments in the data dump, but probably not in game yet. (They use wooden posts and metal wire, so… Celtic harps I guess, since steel-string guitars weren't actually invented until much later than this time period/ tech level.)
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Gog
A band of orcs
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post