Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Spell Sounds Not Localized

Mbando
I've noticed that when people cast spells halfway across the hex, I hear it at the same volume as my own spells. Not critical maybe, but worth addressing at some point I hope.
A member of Ozem's Vigil, home to servants of Iomedae and her coming Paladins.
Kitsune
Literally been noticing this since spells came to be. Somewhat surprised it's still like this. Only somewhat, because there are obviously larger fishies to fry. Like tuna. Tuna is big.
Nihimon
I've often wondered if this was intentional, similar to the way Darkfall made your footsteps loud enough to hear from a distance to let other players know there were potential victims other players nearby.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Illililili
I think there are sound issues. Especially with mage spells. When someone casts a mage spell near me (near is anywhere on the minimap) the sound almost knocks me off my chair. One of my guildmates was complaining yesterday that during our escalation run he could not hear the puller call targets over the mages casting spells.

So ya, needs fixed.
Dazyk of Phaeros
I agree, Illililili. In fact, I've taken to turning the sound on PFO off entirely, something I have literally NEVER done in ANY video game… EVER.

(One of my huge loves of games is the music, probably why I am such a huge Final Fantasy fan…smile
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Kitsune
Illililili
I think there are sound issues. Especially with mage spells. When someone casts a mage spell near me (near is anywhere on the minimap) the sound almost knocks me off my chair. One of my guildmates was complaining yesterday that during our escalation run he could not hear the puller call targets over the mages casting spells.

So ya, needs fixed.

Meanwhile, you can use the Volume Mixer (on Win7 at least) to tone down the game volume a tad while voice chatting. Not exactly ideal, because listening to melee attacks and such is nice.

Personally, I have a headset that was designed for a PS3, and has a USB connection AND an analog audio connection. I configured Windows & game sounds to use one, and teamspeak/skype/etc to use the other audio device. Conveniently, the headset has two volume controls on the headset itself. And has like a 15ft cable. I really like it. Earforce PLa. 9/10, would recommend for the price.
Robert Hodgson
we've got some work left to do on sounds, and you absolutely pegged a major one.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post