Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Tier 2 Miner

Giorgio
Currently my main PC in Rank 5 Miner (score 70); I do not understand clearly what is going to happen when he reaches Miner rank 7 (score 90)and can access Tier 2 resources. Will he:

A) Continue to gather T1 rock nodes at current rate AND tier 2 rock nodes resources
B) Gather less T1 and some T2 resources
C) Other?

Thank

(I Know this was covered SOMEWHERE, but no search feature…smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Azure_Zero
A will have along with B,

B is more common to happen in monster hexes.

I could be wrong.
Nihimon
Giorgio
Currently my main PC in Rank 5 Miner (score 70); I do not understand clearly what is going to happen when he reaches Miner rank 7 (score 90)and can access Tier 2 resources. Will he:

A) Continue to gather T1 rock nodes at current rate AND tier 2 rock nodes resources
B) Gather less T1 and some T2 resources
C) Other?

Usually, it will just be A. It's possible that you'll experience some of B if lots of folks with Tier 1 Skill only have been harvesting the hex.

When you harvest a node, your skill determines how many total items you will get from the node. If you only have Tier 1 Skill, you will sometimes get extra T1 items. When lots of folks with Tier 1 Skill only harvest a hex, they drive that hex's Tier 1 Resource Ratings down quite a bit. If someone with Tier 2 Skill starts harvesting that hex, they'll get more Tier 2 Resources than Tier 1 until the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Resource Ratings start to get back in balance.

It's possible that you will grow accustomed to the "extra" Tier 1 Resources you get harvesting with just a 6 Skill, so that it seems like you're getting less when you get to Skill 7.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Giorgio
@Nihimon,

Thank you for that clear explanation, I feel confident that I can continue focusing my XP till I reach Tier 3 miner (eventually), if I don't loose access to lower tier resources along the way. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Nihimon
You will never lose access to lower tier resources smile
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Kitsune
Indeed, Nihimon, thank you very much for that explanation!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post