Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Rep loss and gain rates

Tork Shaw
Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep an eye on things.

The 'pure' reputation numbers are not really designed to indicate the player's behaviour over time -that comes from other features we've not got around to yet - although there will likely be a curve built into the regen-rate post WoT to ensure that only REALLY long term good behaviour can get players up to the 5500+ sort of area.

In a sense reputation IS a sort of resource to be managed. I think the pressures on the reputation system are unfortunately more straightforward and basic than a more complex system can allow. Reputation is designed to push back against the kind of unsanctioned PvP nightmare that Darkfall struggled with. Behaving like a jerk buys you a couple of days of time out and I believe that is actually pretty persuasive for most players. The more interesting, valuable, and complex aspects of reputation as a measure of player's jerk-ness will be covered by some of the wrapper systems that surround the pure rep numbers.

I'm very pleased to see you folks keeping an eye on it so far.
Lee Hammock
We are looking at cutting the Reputation regen rate by half, but it may not make it into the next update.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Lee Hammock
We are looking at cutting the Reputation regen rate by half, but it may not make it into the next update.

+1

Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Chidar
I don't think the regen rate is the issue….
Rep loss should be only if you kill someone. The amount of loss I have from accidentally shooting a spell off is very high.
Ryan Dancey
You are taking rep loss because people are dying after you hit them with area of effect spells.
QMan
Chidar
I don't think the regen rate is the issue….
Rep loss should be only if you kill someone. The amount of loss I have from accidentally shooting a spell off is very high.

Nah. Bringing people low, so they can get killed by mobs they are fighting is a pretty bad idea too. Take the rep hit and get flagged for free kills. Less abuse that way.
Chidar
Ryan Dancey
You are taking rep loss because people are dying after you hit them with area of effect spells.

Copy that boss man, but sometimes i'm pretty sure i didn't kill them! lolz
I am now thinking…if they died from any other method - and i am 'red' at their time of their death i pick up the penalty smile

Ok never mind for a pk'er i sure sound like a big baby!
Ryan Dancey
Yes - if you are flagged for hitting them, and they die, you take the rep hit even if you didn't kill them.
QMan
Chidar
Ryan Dancey

Copy that boss man, but sometimes i'm pretty sure i didn't kill them! lolz
I am now thinking…if they died from any other method - and i am 'red' at their time of their death i pick up the penalty smile

Ok never mind for a pk'er i sure sound like a big baby!

Baby? no. Devious? Maybe.smile
I like that you're asking these questions and testing the boundaries. It's important to the game in my opinion.
Chidar

Baby? no. Devious? Maybe.smile
I like that you're asking these questions and testing the boundaries. It's important to the game in my opinion.
Thanks man, SENSOU are not here to upset the population, we are here to have fun with pvp and help where we can.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post