Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Rep loss and gain rates

Schedim
The game needs testing i every and all directions, that mean we have to veer into gray areas now and then, and as there is no offical holistic documentation, all questions has to be raised to be sure they are adressed in such document in the future.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Chidar
Ryan Dancey
Yes - if you are flagged for hitting them, and they die, you take the rep hit even if you didn't kill them.
Any chance of a tweak to the system mechanics for reputation?

A) Reputation penalty only if you are last hit on the opposing character.
B) With reduced regen rate - how are pk'ers supposed to bank or craft? Suggest wilderness banking & crafting capability. Also give 'good' players a populated target area to challenge in pvp.

I played DARKFALL for 5 years - i understand exactly what you are trying to avoid from a commercial perspective. From this perspective new players should have some protection.

Some suggestions for discussion…
A) NPC patrols along key road routes
B) Town Guards that can protect against 'red' pk'ers.
C) Walls around the starter cities with guarded gates.
D) Surrender animation for honorable PK'ing.
E) New player tag on character identification. (3 months)
F) New player invulnerability flag to player attacking them.(1 month). No protective flag if they start the fight.
Azure_Zero
There are some simple changes that could be made to stop the PKing in town and keep the banditry down for now;
Guards attack you, if you GO or ARE RED in town.
Guard Attack you, if Rep below +2500 (5000 rep difference)
Schedim
The first is coming, the second happens at -2500 and it seems there is no change coming up on that..
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Gog
As the settlement management systems mature, settlement leaders will be able to set different lockout thresholds for their cities, with stricter thresholds enabling higher levels of infrastructure quality.

Also, there's always Rotter's Hole.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Chidar
Azure_Zero
There are some simple changes that could be made to stop the PKing in town and keep the banditry down for now;
Guards attack you, if you GO or ARE RED in town.
Guard Attack you, if Rep below +2500 (5000 rep difference)
I have not had a guard attack while red, nor if i turn red in front of them, only when i attack a guard does it respond.
JoJampa
Chidar
Ryan Dancey
Yes - if you are flagged for hitting them, and they die, you take the rep hit even if you didn't kill them.

So you want a party of 6 to be able to kill 24 players if they do it correctly with little consequence? If you are involved in the process of causing the death of another character, you should get the full responsibility for it. I do have an issue with the idea of not being fully held accountable for actions that lead to another character's death.
Chidar
JoJampa
Chidar
Ryan Dancey

So you want a party of 6 to be able to kill 24 players if they do it correctly with little consequence? If you are involved in the process of causing the death of another character, you should get the full responsibility for it. I do have an issue with the idea of not being fully held accountable for actions that lead to another character's death.

I think your argument is flawed. The way the system works now is you can be penalized for accidentally hitting another player. The player can then die to a mob and you get the penalty (even if they are in your party). So its negative to fighting in groups, accidents happen. Maybe a timer is required for accidental damage. This is what I was thinking when I wrote it, not the scenario you propose. But I do get your point.
JoJampa
@Chidar .. then we are on the same page .. and I was perhaps too aggressive in placing you in the PVP-till-it-hurts camp … Agree that there should be a way to avoid penalties for inadvertant deaths.
Nihimon
JoJampa
Agree that there should be a way to avoid penalties for inadvertant deaths.

The game can't recognize "inadvertent". If they don't apply a Rep Penalty when you accidentally hit someone who then gets killed by a mob, then there'll be lots of assholes running around nuking and stunning folks in PvE so the mobs will finish them off.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post