Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Aventuring in Group

HowardWdW
Was adventuring first time with friend yesterday and we both got quite frustrated. When one of us dies you basically lose track of where your party member was. What's needed is a pointer to the location of other party members on the map and mini map.
Azure_Zero
This I have to really agree with.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
There seem to be lots of opinions on both sides, and I have the impression they don't plan to change that.

As a work around. Double clicking on your mini-map, or on the world map, leaves a pin that you can (when things work right) see on both. It can help to get in the habit of updating your personal pin frequently, and especially if you have a second or two of bleeding out before you die. Unfortunately, if you have to log out, the pin is lost. I think that will change at some point, but for now it's a problem.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Kitsune
In my experience, you can only see pins of other players if the player is within radar range of you. Interestingly enough, everyone can see your pins if they are within range of you, regardless of whether you are partied with them or not. And that has some strange implications (might call a friend and setup an ambush if you pay attention to where someone might be headed)…
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Having your own pin where your latest activity is was what I was suggesting.
HowardWdW
Why would they not want to do something about this? I don't understand that comment. Clearly making it easier for parties to work together is beneficial to the game and making working as a group difficult and frustrating will turn people off. Sticking pins in the map, especially if that has implications for PvP ambushing, is a poor work-around, in my opinion of course!
Kitsune
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Having your own pin where your latest activity is was what I was suggesting.

Ah yeah, I read your post too quickly on my cell phone. Sorry to add any confusion to the thread. smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
HowardWdW
Why would they not want to do something about this? I don't understand that comment. Clearly making it easier for parties to work together is beneficial to the game and making working as a group difficult and frustrating will turn people off. Sticking pins in the map, especially if that has implications for PvP ambushing, is a poor work-around, in my opinion of course!
I share the frustration, but it isn't a cut-and-dried thing. Some people don't think there should be some magical way for you to know where your party is unless you are close enough to see/hear them. They feel that getting separated from your companions when you die is a good idea. I'm not saying it/they are right, I'm just saying there are opinions on both sides of it. And, at the moment, I don't think the dev team considers it a bug, simply the way the game functions. If enough people want it changed, they might change it.
Schedim
It also makes PvP a bit more interesting as it will create a potential for a longer loot time before the ambush victim arrive back with his threaded Vorpal Blade+4 and vengeance in eyes.

Also tactics in group PvP …

Hmmm I see a possible sideline in hang around shrines and sell guidings or selling protection, I mean guard duties to one side or another….
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Kitsune
My hope is that with the implementation of husks and player looting, there will be a minimap icon for the recently-deceased player to run back to his/her husk. Given the other party members guard his/her husk, it would be quite simple for him/her to return to the party's location.

That doesn't resolve the problem of getting separated while actively adventuring, but it would at least resolve the problem of "I died. Where am I, and where is everyone else?"

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post