Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Cannot access alpha.gw.com

PretosTeshdale
Trying to finally get on today and getting Could not access alpha.goblinworks.com. Server down or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Pretos
Azure_Zero
Server is down at this time every day.
Giorgio
Sever downtime is daily 9-10am PST; check the hour of your post in this forum for the current game server time. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Nihimon
Daily Server Maintenance starts at 9:00 AM Pacific and usually lasts about 1 hour.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
PretosTeshdale
And where is that posted? smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
They don't have an official "server down" page yet, but it's been posted in several spots on the forums for a while now. I expect it's hard to find if you don't already know it. I don't think it's a long term plan, just some balancing while they get server resource issues managed, so they probably don't want to divert energy to a better announcement service. I hope it goes away soon.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
On which subject, if anyone from GW notices this, it should probably be a sticky post on at least the technical page, if not the main forum page, with subject "Server is Down Daily at 9:00am Pacific time"
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Jakaal
IDK that it will go away, doesn't EVE still have daily down time?
Nihimon
Bonny's awesome smile
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Kitsune
I would imagine once they can permanently solve some of the routine cleanup conundrums that they have (e.g. unable to delete characters because they don't get fully removed from the database, … meaning they must run some routines during the downtime… and other routine cleanup tasks that currently must be run during the downtime), then they might start going longer periods of time without downtime. I wouldn't expect to see that until closer to OE, maybe after.

As for visibility of the downtime, it's one of the first thing mentioned in every email I've seen from goblinworks, by the way…

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post