Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

State Stacking

Dazyk of Phaeros
So, we have all talked at great length about how stacking debuffs and channels work, but how do States stack with each other?

If I use Immobilize 2s on a target, then immediately use Knockdown 2s, does the Immobilize get canceled by the Knockdown? Or does the Knockdown happen after the Immobilize runs out?

Also, as an aside: we have HUD icons for Distressed, Dazed, Unbalanced, etc., but are there any indicators for Immobilize and Knockdown? If there are not, I think there should be.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Dazyk of Phaeros
I've been unable to test this so far. Anyone else have any ideas?
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Nihimon
My guess is that each Blocker is tracked separately.

• Second 0: Apply Stun (4 Seconds)
  • Second 1: Apply Knockdown (2 Seconds)
  • Second 2:
  • Second 3: Knockdown wears off
  • Second 4: Stun wears off
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Dazyk of Phaeros
I thought that might be the case, but wonder since they are all in the same channel.

I'm going to try to do some more testing this week.

Nihimon
It is entirely possible that the application of Knockdown (2 Seconds) at Second 1 would overwrite the Stun, resulting in the Stun wearing off at Second 3.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Gog
Stacking vs overwriting questions will need some careful testing and measurement. For instance, those trivially small "slow 5" stack effects could actually be very powerful if they overwrite Quickened and Hastened.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Dazyk of Phaeros
I'm talking strictly about States, here, not buffs/debuffs.

Specifically the Blocker class States:

Knockdown
Interrupt
Knockback
Immobilise
Stun

Stephen Cheney
All timed effects run in parallel, starting their timers as soon as they're applied. Similar to what Nihimon posted, if you get stunned for 4 seconds and then immediately immobilized for 2 seconds, the immobilize will wear off before the stun does even though the stun was a bigger control than the immobilize, so it was like the immobilize never mattered.

Channels matter if two timed effects are mathematically affecting the same numbers, but the timing still runs in parallel. If you get Quickened for 10 rounds and Hasted for 4, four rounds of your ten of Quickened are essentially lost because they're subordinated to the Hasted.

Also, those are officially designated "Controls" or "Blockers" not "States." "States" is the term reserved for Opportunity, Distressed, etc.: timed effects that have no inherent effect other than to set up conditionals.
Gog
Thanks, Stephen. How are Slowed and Quickened/Hastened intended to interact? If I'm Slowed 30 and Quickened at the same time, should my speed be (-30/2) + 10 = -5, or does only the largest effect apply, or some other option?
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Stephen Cheney
Debuffs and Buffs should always be on different channels, so both the bonus and penalty to speed would apply. All speed modifiers are additive (rather than multiplicative), so if you have Hasted (which gives you +30%), Slowed 60 (-30%) should cancel you down to base speed, and Slowed 100 (max stack size) would only be a net -20% while you're Hasted.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post