Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

More Keybind options?

Kai
Hi Folks,

Got keybinds all remapped for the most part, but there are a few features that either do not exist or I do not know what they are called to add them.

Options I would like to see (and if they already exist please let me know):
    Pan View Up Pan View Down Reset View Center
Not a fan of using the mouse to look around.
Across the top of the ingame screen are click options for Paperdoll, Inventory, etc . . . The last two (one opens up a quest menu, the other opens up a search company menu). Any idea what those are called so they could in turn be mapped to a key?
Lastly, is there a keyboard commands to mimic the mouse click commands:
    mouse0 = MouseTarget mouse1 = InteractTarget ; not really combat…
I've had no luck changing the mouse0 and mouse1 to keyboard keys and having them function. If I can eliminate the mouse completely, I'm a happy camper.

Thanks for the guidance.
Paul Gilmore
Quest and company buttons haven't been mapped to a hotkey yet. I'll file a bug for this internally right now.

Phew, eliminate the mouse entirely… that's a tough one. There's a whole bunch of things that require the mouse, that don't have a non-mouse analog. Targeting anything but a hostile, r-clicking quest and trainer entities, opening doors/facilities, r-clicking usable items in the inventory, and just picking THAT hostile guy that I want to attack now, without hitting tab, tab, tab, tab….
That last one is a tall order, and… we'd have to have a significant number of players interested in this before we could invest the necessary time. smile

Crowdforge it!
https://pathfinderonlinecrowdforging.ideascale.com/
Nihimon
Paul Gilmore
Quest and company buttons haven't been mapped to a hotkey yet. I'll file a bug for this internally right now.

Phew, eliminate the mouse entirely… that's a tough one. There's a whole bunch of things that require the mouse, that don't have a non-mouse analog. Targeting anything but a hostile, r-clicking quest and trainer entities, opening doors/facilities, r-clicking usable items in the inventory, and just picking THAT hostile guy that I want to attack now, without hitting tab, tab, tab, tab….
That last one is a tall order, and… we'd have to have a significant number of players interested in this before we could invest the necessary time. smile

Crowdforge it!
https://pathfinderonlinecrowdforging.ideascale.com/

Use Center-Screen - effectively a keyboard-initiated "click" as if the mouse were in the center of the screen.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paul, while Eliminating the mouse may or may not be on a lot of lists (though it probably should, for their health), a vastly improved system of targeting is on many. Click targeting is not adequate. Healers need to be able to target party members quickly in groups that are often too big for using the current six-person companies, PvP engaged need to be able to target non-allied character targets without trying to mouse over and separate ally from enemy at bow range, and having to cycle through nodes after every kill when they are between you and the onrushing mob has lethal repercussions.

Is there any good reason for nodes to be tab-targeted when you can't do anything to them without right clicking them?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Paul Gilmore
Nihimon, I'll concede that is at least partially workable, but I'll also say it'll be like trying to control a fighter plane with a NES controller.

Caldeathe, you bring up a lot of very valid points.
A good number of people agree with you already:
https://pathfinderonlinecrowdforging.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Limit-Tab-Targeting-to-Targets-Only/54417-30320
Gather your friends, grab your pitchforks, and get that item to the top of the list. Your current goal to beat is 230 (at the time of writing).
Kai
Okay, maybe not entirely drop the mouse.

But Pan Up, Pan Down, and Reset view to Center would complete the movement with keys vs mouse and be the top of my list.

Mapping the right click function (activate target) would be nice, but if it is that much more work and I had to pick one, I would love the movement options over the clicking options.

Thanks for the ear.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paul Gilmore
Gather your friends, grab your pitchforks, and get that item to the top of the list. Your current goal to beat is 230 (at the time of writing).
Nice try, but my enthusiasm for ideascale remains pretty thin (and I already voted for that one a long time ago). I hope you can recharge it, though.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Jakaal
yeah when most posts have votes in the single digits and what seems to be no policing of what is happening over there I don't often bother.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Jakaal
yeah when most posts have votes in the single digits and what seems to be no policing of what is happening over there I don't often bother.

agreed.

can we just run a tally of "+1"s inside the relevant threads? smile
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Giorgio
@Paul,

On the Goblinworks home page, emails & blogs and the Paizo forums, Ideascale is basically never mentioned. Add to this that the community doesn't have any real feedback as to if the developers are paying attention or are interested,and that leads to a general sense of apathy that is quite evident…
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post