Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keywords for Dummies

starchildren3317
I was looking for a quick and dirty run down on how Keywords work. Other than knowing that I want as much gear and feats with the same keywords as possible, I dont really know what the benefit is of having matching keywords. Im not seeing on the items or the feats where it says something like, "2 matching keywords = this, 3 matching keywords = this, etc.

Could anyone explain how it works or point me in the direction of where I can read all about it and understand how it works.

Thanks!
Jazzlvraz
Dazyk's excellent write-up in the Wiki.

Sspitfire1's excellent guide to everything.

Cheatle's excellent guide, also to everything.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Jazzlvraz
Dazyk's excellent write-up in the Wiki.

Thanks Jazz smile

And yes, there is no real in-game indicators of what is matching and what is not, so you have to really know what you are looking for. The Devs have mentioned that they would eventually like to have 'smart' tooltips, so the user would have an easier time knowing what was going on.

Until then, it's all manual!

PS. I am working on a suped-up version of my guide; keep an eye open for it!
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Memory-High Priest of Desna
if I'm understanding the table at the end of dazyk's guide correctly, it seems that tier 3 equipment is kind of silly…the feat rank and the upgrade of the equipment don't matter, they all get the same keywords. am I wrong about this?
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Which table, specifically?

Tier 3 gear is when you will get access to your second Advanced keyword, which is very beneficial.

Tier 3 +0 = 2 Advanced Keywords; 1 Basic Keyword
Tier 3 +1 = 2 Advanced Keywords; 2 Basic Keywords
Tier 3 +2 = 2 Advanced Keywords; 3 Basic Keywords
Tier 3 +3 = 2 Advanced Keywords; 4 Basic Keywords

etc.

Does that help?
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Nihimon
Memory
if I'm understanding the table at the end of dazyk's guide correctly, it seems that tier 3 equipment is kind of silly…the feat rank and the upgrade of the equipment don't matter, they all get the same keywords. am I wrong about this?

+0 Gear only gets its Inherent Keywords. You still have to have +1, +2, or +3 Gear to unlock the other Keywords.

A Tier 3 +0 Weapon is strictly better than any Tier 2 Weapon (as long as you have appropriate Attack Feats) because the Tier 3 +0 will automatically have more Matched Keywords (2 Major Keywords plus 1 Minor Keywords counts as 9 Matched Keywords) than the best Tier 2 Weapon (1 Major Keyword plus 4 Minor Keywords counts as 8 Matched Keywords), but the Attack Roll with a Tier 3 Weapon will be, on average, 50 points higher than the Tier 2 Weapon.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
tyrfing
IIRC I don't think the attack roll is 50 points higher so much as it's using the high roll of the 3 rolls it makes (instead of the low roll for Tier 1 or the middle roll for Tier 2). I think it's the armor value that's 50 points higher for Tier 3.
Nihimon
Well, I said "on average, 50 points higher", which I believe is accurate.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Gog
Yes. Average of (middle roll of 3d200) is 100; average of (high roll of 3d200) is 150.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
markc

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post