Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

For the good of the game

Azure_Zero
Midnight

I'm a philosophical anarchist, yet I signed up for this experiment.

we all signed up for this experiment,
and are getting expected and also interesting results.
Lee Hammock
We've had several discussions about what to do with the currently three settlements that have not contacted us. We are in the process of trying to contact these people to get them in game. If they do not join up in the near future-ish, we've discussed reassigning those settlements. Most of the options involve placing some manner of in game goal, such as controlling the towers around the settlement up for grabs or having a contest to see who could meet some in game goal first.
Bunibuni
Or do another land rush, but only a few weeks long, and the largest three groups get those three settlements
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Schedim
Not a landrush, better with something ingame. Although there must be something like a voting in the end with one vote per tower for whom gets the settlement among candidates put forward. At a deadlock (3-3) either Ryan gets the decicive vote or something.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Hobson Fiffledown
Sticky situation here, Lee. If it's a forum based land rush, we will just be handing over another settlement to well established in-game groups. If it's a tower based land rush, we will just be handing over another settlement to well established in-game groups.

For a forum rush, would it be possible to exclude winning* accounts that participated in the previous land rush (* i.e. your team won a settlement)?

A tower taking game could be so gamed right now, I don't even have suggestions for that…

I wouldn't suggest physically taking a settlement should be a solution until it's a continuing mechanic than can affect all settlements. I'm all up for sacking and shenanigans, but not until a larger system is set up.

Either way, you all have a tough decision to make. The natives are getting restless. I'll reach my training gate this week, I believe, because of a lack of settlement towers (0 to be exact). I still have options, but I'm not quite ready to pack up and move everybody to the only other sweet spot on the entire fricking map for our group of characters. I'm going about things in a different manner, but I can see GW having at least six more Gale situations here soon.

I'd love to see the truly empty ones get run over with monsters. The other last-minute-up-and-comers and obstinate one character settlements will have to be worked out on their own. Also, I would love to see the "Build a Settlement" options as soon as possible (guessing not until siege happens…smile.
This space for rent.
Hobson Fiffledown
grrr…auto winky face…just close my parenthesis already…
This space for rent.
Yrme
Hobson Fiffledown
I'd love to see the truly empty ones get run over with monsters. The other last-minute-up-and-comers and obstinate one character settlements will have to be worked out on their own. Also, I would love to see the "Build a Settlement" options as soon as possible (guessing not until siege happens…smile.

Ya, my preferred solution would be to let the truly empty ones get overrun by monsters. Oh, and remove their 6 adjacent towers. If the devs want us to fight in the war of towers, and there are only 30 or 33 settlements active, then they can rejigger it to have 33 settlements, or 30 settlements worth of towers.

If they did do some contest where players can compete to fill 3 empty settlements, I think the competition should be limitted to accounts that have no character that ever belonged to one of the active settlements. The purpose should be to civilize the unsettled, not to give more real estate to the civilized. Good luck smile

At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post