Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

"Is this the right place?" asks a timid voice

Tizian Enel
"Is this the right place? …like for.. well I was told I might find the right sort of people over here and well I'm not quite sure if they meant it for real… they looked a bit shady… What the.. NOO!"

The elf woman ends up sprawled on the floor of the tavern as a pair of strong hands push her all the way in. The door is pushed shut and you hear a rumble of laughter erupt from a group outside before some voices inside the tavern join in as they watch the misfortune of another happily.

She stands up and quickly tries to escape, but to no avail: the door is barred by those outside. After a moment of apparent despair, she breathes in deep, brushes off some dust and straw from her travelling clothes and turns around, looking more composed.

"I guess this is the place I am. Right or wrong? I don't know. But it is the start of an adventure"
She continues after a short pause and a good look at the crowd: "and I am in need of companions."

OOC:

I live in Finland and am a 33 year old guy.

I just created my account recently, have been following PFO stuff (but not actively enough, I was surprised that one can already get to play in EE!) for a bit. I haven't yet had the chance to actually get into the game owing to some payment issues (but I know what to do next to try and solve it. Thanks to Ryan Dancey for the very fast reply!) so I hope to join you guys in game soonish.

I've not got a lot of experience roleplaying (or writing stories), but I felt like just saying "Hi, I'm new here" wasn't quite enough for a community and game project with such high potential and ambition as PFO, so I gave you what I hope is a little more interesting, and perhaps it'll let me get a start on building my character.

Tizian Enel as a character originates from a Shadowrun campaign I played online around 2005-2006. My first ever roleplay (or should I say rollplay? It was pure hack and slash with LOTS and lots of loot) experiences date back a lot further than that though, with my pre-teen self having a Fighter (can't remember the name, but he was 7th or 9th level at the end with two intelligent swords, a golden dragon pet, a dragon turtle pet, a castle and so much money he could have bought anything and everything.. good thing we didn't include such trivial things as having to purchase items, or encumbrance system) in D&D red box (and blue box, eventually). I also remember having read some AD&D manual, having to use a dictionary to understand at least a bit of the English… at least the basic and expert sets were translated to Finnish, though we probably did a lot of things "wrong" anyway.

I've created a lot more characters than I've actually played (I suppose I haven't searched for roleplay groups as much as I could have though), and I almost never get any sort of backstory in before I've already played the character, it's a real weakness for me. Tizian Enel is such an example - We started playing to learn the Shadowrun 3rd edition system, the character was growing in my mind all the time. However, it was more of a spur of the moment thing and if I did or said something I'd just go with it (she became a woman because I, subconsciously or for whatever reason, kept saying 'she' instead of 'he' ). That's why you're not getting any backstory or descriptions about her appearance here either. Personality is easier, although it's probably going to change too (do not use this post as reference if you later meet my character in game smile).

Tizian Enel the Elf Decker then became Tizian Enel the Minmatar Freedom Fighter (some might say Terrorist) in Eve Online. She(or in this case 'he' ) has also been a Demonologist bandit/pirate in Age of Conan, and I frequently use the name in any MMO games I play - if surname is included, the character has some tendencies to care about the possibility of roleplay, but otherwise I go with Tiziani + suitable ending based on class. Tizianiw could be Warrior or Wizard, while Tizianir is a Rogue or a Ranger. In MMORPGS I frequently ended up in some sort of leadership position in bygone years as I tend to take my games seriously.. this led to me seeming knowledgeable about the game. But I've also found out that while I like to put my opinion or suggestions out there, I don't enjoy the stress of actually being in charge. I'd rather be a follower that's listened to (which doesn't mean people have to do as I say, so long as I feel they genuinely consider what I say. In Eve I did recon stuff without always knowing why, but it was quite enjoyable anyway).

I haven't yet figured out what sort of role I want to play in PFO - I'll need to experience it a bit first. I also don't know how heavy I want my roleplaying to be, but I intend to at least have my actions make sense even if I don't embellish them with lots of "story". I liked that in Eve Online - even people who weren't roleplayed could be interacted with In Character, something that seems completely unthinkable (to me) in Theme Park games without persistency ("Hey, I killed <boss monster>" -"Oh, I killed it too, and I'm the saviour of <region> just like you" ).. Roleplay seems easier in a sandbox because you can use the world as a backdrop instead of having to try to ignore it.

But maybe that's just me.
I have very very little knowledge about the River Kingdoms and only passing familiarity with the world of Pathfinder in general. I intend to try and fix this soon..

I also have a tendency to make my forum posts waaaaaay longer than I originally intend. I also end up rambling on about all manner of things…

But now…
I refuse to check if this post makes sense or not. I don't write my posts from start to finish in one go, I go in and edit and add stuff in the middle and if I start figuring out whether the post is good or not I just end up making it longer…

(I lied. I edited the last paragraph at least 4 times during the writing of this post. If I find that the forum have an edit function, I'll probably end up using that too… )

Edit count: 5 ("real edits" only. I don't count having to edit again in order to increase edit counter smile )
The more you know, the harder you will find it to make up your mind. It doesn't really matter if you find you can't see which grass is greener: Chances are it's neither… and either way it's easier to see the difference when you're sitting on the fence. -from "The Fence" by Tim Minchin
Azure_Zero
Welcome to PFO, TizianEnel.

I hope you enjoy the game, even though it is in it's early stages.

(yes, you can edit posts, click edit under the avatar image)
Tizian Enel
Azure_Zero
Welcome to PFO, TizianEnel.

I hope you enjoy the game, even though it is in it's early stages.

(yes, you can edit posts, click edit under the avatar image)

Thanks!

I looked for the button at the bottom and almost despaired, because upon reading what I had typed I got a massive urge to edit stuff already..
The more you know, the harder you will find it to make up your mind. It doesn't really matter if you find you can't see which grass is greener: Chances are it's neither… and either way it's easier to see the difference when you're sitting on the fence. -from "The Fence" by Tim Minchin
Azure_Zero
I would hope you find a settlement/company you'd like to be a part of.
Also check if they are part of the NAP (Non-Agression Pact), as this offers some protection to the settlement your in, but also puts a minor restriction in place for PVPers.
Tizian Enel
Azure_Zero
I would hope you find a settlement/company you'd like to be a part of.
Also check if they are part of the NAP (Non-Agression Pact), as this offers some protection to the settlement your in, but also puts a minor restriction in place for PVPers.

I've glanced over some, and frankly almost all of them seem interesting to me at the moment!

I don't intend to be settlement/company hopping however, so I don't think I can commit to such an important decision before I experience the game. Loyalty is important to me for its own sake, but I feel like it's useful to limit ones movement between settlements just not to be labeled a spy. At least if I stick with few settlements, I'll be a professional long term spy?

Which doesn't mean nobody should try to recruit me smile
Azure_Zero
The Highroad covenant alliance, is more PVE focused and I hope you join us.

Highroad covenant settlements are Talonguard*, Stoneroot, and Tavernhold.
Jane Snow
Welcome to PFO!! We are glad to have you! smile
"Y'know, I thought you might be some sort of sorcery savant, but it turns out you're just a brat – and you're about to get spanked… " - Zatanna Zatara
T: @Bonnekerz | F: /Janeislicious | bonny@goblinworks.com
Nihimon
@Tizian Enel, welcome smile

If it makes any difference to you, we already have a small contingent of Finns in Phaeros (The Seventh Veil). We also have some pretty dedicated RP'ers, and a strong alliance in the southeast of generally good-aligned folks.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Deianira Sunstorm
Without a pause in her singing, Deianira narrowed her eyes at the door. Yes, yes, all in good fun, but people - alright, she - was trying to make some coin here, and this constant banging about…

Oh. Poor girl. They didn't usually fall down…

OOC: Welcome to PFO! I'm looking forward to more stories, and RP, from you! Great start! (Yes, I talk in exclamation points a lot. Why do you ask?)

As I'm US East Coast, we will likely never meet in game - this distresses me about a lot of the players I've come to recognize over the years, but is the nature of time - but at least there are the forums for communication.

And to add to the gentle recruitment pitches, Emerald Lodge (see the link in my signature) was founded by Europeans; my American group's the odd ones out there, so take a look there as well. You'll be very welcome wherever you settle!
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
Jazzlvraz
Welcome, Tizian! Always glad to have new folks around, and we hope you find all you're looking for.

As Nihimon said, The Seventh Veil, based in Phaeros in the southeast of the map, has recently had a mini-rush of Finnish players joining us, and there are many other excellent choices among the various Settlements and Companies already here in the River Kingdoms.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post