Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Still don't understand everything about escalations

Feldrol
Today we went to fight a bonedancer escalation. 4 people, i don't know the exact power level of everyone, but probably mainly between +1 and +2 stuff.
In a bit less than 4 hours we dropped it from 45% to 15%.
What bugs me is that when we finished the quests (bring 50 onyx gems, kill 10 recruites and 20 recruits) we would get the success message, but the % of the escalation was not affected at all. The % only seemed to drop with the killing of mobs.
I am missing something here ?

Then, had we continued, would the win boss have appeared or can we only find him in "lion" hex, ie where escalation first appear ?

Last week I found an escalation in a lion hex at 4% and dropped it from 2000 to 0 but nothing happened, no boss.
Is it normal ?
Ryan Dancey
Completing the quests should drop the escalation %. There may e a time lag between when you turn them in and when the % monitor updates though.
Azure_Zero
@Feldrol

Me and a group got a Bone Dancer escalation from 56% to 0% over 5 hours.
There is about a 5 minute lag max on the updated %

Now the Boss ONLY appears when the Escalation strength is between 1 and 500 and it's the Source of the escalation.
You HAVE to look for him, and not kill anything while doing so, or risk ending the escalation.

As last night it took us a while to find him, before we squished him.
Feldrol
Thanks for your answers.
Could you tell me By how much should the % drop ?
A couple of percent ? more ?
How do you know if it's the source ? Is the source always the "lion" hex ?
Azure_Zero
@Feldrol

Yes, the source hex also called the "Lion" hex.
Now, the hex with the ruined castle is also Call a "Monster Home" hex, that escalation just stays in that hex.

Completing a escalation quest should drop it about 2-3%, but am not completely sure, due to lag of the update.
Bob
Ooh, neat, a chance to go all technical and jargony. No better way to start a Monday morning.

Azure_Zero
@Feldrol

Yes, the source hex also called the "Lion" hex.

Technically, they're called Monster Hexes. They are indicated on the map with a Lion icon.

Once an Escalation starts in a Monster Hex, it becomes the Source Hex for that instance of the Escalation.

Azure_Zero
@Feldrol
Now, the hex with the ruined castle is also Call a "Monster Home" hex, that escalation just stays in that hex.

We tend to shorten that to Home Hex, but Monster Home Hex is the full term. Those hexes will eventually run special Escalations, but for now they're just populated with monsters from the appropriate Escalation.

Also, the icon for Home Hexes is actually the standing castle. The ruined castle icon is for Badlands.

Azure_Zero
@Feldrol
Completing a escalation quest should drop it about 2-3%, but am not completely sure, due to lag of the update.

The strength drop varies depending on the Event and the Escalation, but should be significantly more than can be obtained simply for killing a few Escalation monsters. Usually, if you look at the strength immediately after finishing the Event, then look again 15-30 seconds later without killing anything else in the meantime, then you can see the drop. Of course, other people may be running around killing things as well, so the strength drops you see may not all be due to your efforts.
Bob
Azure_Zero
Now the Boss ONLY appears when the Escalation strength is between 1 and 500 and it's the Source of the escalation.
You HAVE to look for him, and not kill anything while doing so, or risk ending the escalation.

In Monster/Source Hexes, the Boss Event runs whenever the strength is between zero (inclusive) and 500 (exclusive). Killing the Boss while the Boss Event is running is the only way to end the Escalation in that hex. Dropping the strength to zero only stops the Escalation in Infected Hexes, so it's safe to continue killing other monsters and finishing Events while the Boss Event is running.

If the strength goes back to 500 or above, the Boss Event will stop running. The Boss might still be around, because Bosses don't despawn while players are close enough to see them, but killing the Boss won't end the Escalation if the Event has stopped running. So not only is it safe to continue lowering the strength while the Boss Event is running, it's a good idea to do so to prevent the Escalation strength from rising to 500 or above.

And finally, when the Boss Event starts running, the Boss will only appear if there's a clear Encounter site of the appropriate size available. If there isn't, then it will be necessary to kill off at least one site of the appropriate size, then walk away so it can despawn. So killing things is probably a requirement just to get the Boss to appear.
Gog
FYI Bob, killing Mordant Spire Stormcallers still gives zero escalation strength reduction.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Bob
Guurzak
FYI Bob, killing Mordant Spire Stormcallers still gives zero escalation strength reduction.

I'm hoping you mean that killing individual Stormcallers isn't lowering the strength at all, because that's a known bug and is sadly still a ways off from getting fixed.

Finishing the entire Stormcallers Event should be dropping the strength by 695, which is more than you'd get for killing the same number of Stormcallers individually. Of course, killing them that quickly will be difficult using kiting tactics unless you have multiple parties operating simultaneously.
Gog
> I'm hoping you mean that killing individual Stormcallers isn't lowering the strength at all

Correct. I knew you knew about it, just didn't know if it was something that was thought to have been fixed already. I wasn't aware that this bug was more complicated than just "fix the number in the spreadsheet".

Can the reward for completing the Event be temporarily bumped up to include the number that we should otherwise have gotten from the individuals too?
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post