Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Please turn off Rep gain in NPC settlements

Midnight
The same people who are ganking newbies (now AROUND Marchmont instead of inside) in unsanctioned PvP can be seen AFK for hours on end in Marchmont regaining their lost rep in what would normally be the sleep hours in their stated timezone.

I haven't seen a ruling about AFK rep gain, but I think we can all agree that doing it in the only place where no PvP is allowed is beyond cheesy.

I'll also add that if we can gain rep (even if not AFK) in NPC settlements… the NPC settlements will have just become a LOT more popular among the people that should LEAST be hanging out there.

Of course, I get to use my trademark phrase when I say:

To Rotter's Hole with them!
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Gog
Alternatively, set the rep threshold at NPC settlements to +5000 or higher. Anyone who wants to PVP should be able to find a player settlement, or move to Rotter's.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Azure_Zero
That is very cheesy, Agreed to Rotter's hole with them.

Heck, move Rotter's Hole into the area with All the more Civil and respectful PVPers,
Let them learn what it's like to be prey the hard way.
Azure_Zero
Guurzak
Alternatively, set the rep threshold at NPC settlements to +5000 or higher. Anyone who wants to PVP should be able to find a player settlement, or move to Rotter's.

I also agree with this.
Increase the rep threshold at NPC settlements to +5000 or higher.
Atheory
I agree with most of what Midnight has brought up. I still champion the removal of NPC towns except Thornkeep.

What is needed more, is increasing the incentive to get those people out of NPC settlements and to the PC settlements they joined. I think this helps expose a flaw in the current settlement templates which should resolve itself somewhat after WOT, but that is another discussion for another thread.

Until then, I like the idea of No rep gain in NPC towns.

Midnight
I'm with you, Atheory, but we've got another wave of players due in February, so I'd like to see all the NPC settlements around for 4 more weeks. That's 3 weeks into February.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Jakaal
No rep in NPC towns, does that equal the entire settlement hex, b/c I think it should.
Midnight
Jakaal
No rep in NPC towns, does that equal the entire settlement hex, b/c I think it should.

I think it should too.
-Edmund Burke
Doc
This wouldn't really solve anything. You can AFK gain rep anywhere if you put all of your stuff in the bank, there is no penalty for dying and you respawn right away. I imagine it is probably more about convenience.

A more effective way to accomplish what you want is to not automatically respawn players after death, and take them out of the game world until they click a button to respawn.
Midnight
But they can't be (acceptably) killed in the NPC settlement. I think merging BOTH our ideas would be an improvement.

They have to leave NPC settlements to gain rep, so then they can be killed, and once killed they have to click a respawn button to restart rep gain.

Of course it will have to include a captcha as soon as players start macroing the respawn click. :-(
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post