Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Questions re: Company Management & Leadership

Kitsune
According to the most recent information I can find in blog posts, there is currently no command that allows a company leader to change leadership. Two questions:
1) Is this still correct information?
2) If #1 is true, can this be performed manually on the back-end by GW customer service during customer service hours?

Next, unrelated to #1 and #2 above:
3) Is it possible to change a company's settlement affiliation (carry a different banner) without disbanding?
4) If #3 is true, how is this accomplished? I assume a /settmentapply command would do the trick?

Further, and I believe I've already confirmed this:
5) Can all members of an alliance train at the facilities of any other alliance settlement - that is, to the fullest capacity of that settlement, based on its towers?
… … e.g. Settlement A has 20 towers and members of its banner companies can train up to some-high-level. Settlement B is in an alliance with Settlement A. Can the members of the banner companies of Settlement B also train at the facilities of Settlement A to Settlement A's fullest capability (that same some-high-level)?

Lastly, and I may have already confirmed this also:
6) Are there currently any restrictions that would prevent players from "company-hopping" within a single server-day, given the leaders of the respective companies are available to approve applications?

Only curious. smile
Gog
There is no alliance function in game. Citizens of any settlement can train at any other settlement at a training level equal to the lower of the two settlements.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Hoffman
There is an essentially 24 hour cooldown for company hopping for WoT but I'm not sure if it applies to your case. If you join a company you have to wait until server downtime before you will 'count' for your company for WoT.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.
Ryan Dancey
1: yes
2: no (the existing command is broken)
3: yes
4: i believe the Settlment can kick a company, and we have a gm command to do it manually if not
4a: unless the company leads the Settlement, in which case we are in deep rhubarb.
5: training is limited by home & local. Both A & B need 20 towers. No alliances exist.
6: there is a server downtime reset required
Nihimon
Kitsune
6) Are there currently any restrictions that would prevent players from "company-hopping" within a single server-day, given the leaders of the respective companies are available to approve applications?

Ryan Dancey
6: there is a server downtime reset required

Can the system be changed so that it takes a server reset to leave a Company, but you can join a Company immediately? I think this would be good for recruitment, because new members would immediately be useful on Company endeavors. The server reset to leave seems like it would serve the purpose of constraining Company-hopping.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Ryan Dancey
You can join a company immediately if you're not a member of a company. We can't let you join immediately if you're leaving a company because there are all sorts of confusing and potentially exploiting things you could do under those conditions and it will take some time to make the system robust enough to cope (that's also why you can only be in one company at all right now).
Nihimon
Ryan Dancey
You can join a company immediately if you're not a member of a company.

I haven't tested this in a couple of weeks, but the last time we checked, a Character that had never been a member of any Company joined Phaeros (the Company) but was not able to immediately contribute to Tower capture points. I'll try to test again.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Hoffman
Nihimon I have seen the same thing and tested it a week ago. Someone who joins a company for the first time does not gain points until server reset. I have even tried with freshly made characters and it is the same.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.
Kitsune
Yup, regarding #6, it does appear that it is easy for one character to leave a company and join another "immediately" (small delay as the system cleans things up). However, it appears that that character is not considered part of that settlement until the following server day, thus resulting in:
- Character cannot take advantage of training facilities as though he/she belonged to the settlement of the new company
- Character cannot take towers on behalf of the settlement of the new company
These are of course resolved with a server restart, when it runs through its calculations and determines what characters and what towers belong to a settlement.

I did confirm that while a company is associated with a specific settlement, it cannot simply /settlementapply to a new one. The application does in-fact show up to the new settlement's owner, but upon accepting, it gives the owner a message that the company already belongs to another settlement. I did not get a chance to test whether a settlement could kick a company or not, we'll have to try that some other day.

Ryan, thank you for the direct responses and clear information!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post