Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

10 days

Nihimon
In Goblinworks Blog: I Can See for Miles, Ryan links to a Chart from MMORPG that clearly demonstrates the "Spike & Crash". Yes, some folks play for 5 years. A great many stop and move on.

While searching for that, I also stumbled on another post from Ryan, which seems particularly prophetic:
We won't have two spikes and two crashes.

We won't have any spikes at all. The only question is if we are able to keep enough people each month to grow incrementally according to our plan (or better).

Most people who have access to Early Enrollment probably won't play in the first month. If 30% of them do I'll be happy. I don't say that because they don't want to play, I say that because most of them are not paying attention. We're still getting people every day asking about the Pledge Manager.
(emphasis mine)
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Jakaal
I think the idea that it's possible to play by ONLY doing PvP isn't sustainable and I am very happy about that.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Chidar
Solution add exp gains from killing mobs.
The game is intended to be equally (as much as possible) rewarding for those that play casually as those that play heavily. Any effect that lets heavy players progress more rapidly than casual players counters that core design philosophy. It will be disappointing to those that want to progress more quickly, but those who find it intolerable are not in the majority of the intended audience. Not every MMO needs to cater to the most common MMO player. It has been said in a number of places (and a variety of words) that PFO is a niche product.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Jakaal
I think the idea that it's possible to play by ONLY doing PvP isn't sustainable and I am very happy about that.
I suspect it's perfectly possible, but will require the support of a large community and may not be the kind of PvP that a lot of people are used to. I think there will be a small number of highly successful people in the land that are able to do quite well doing nothing but PvP. As with many of the PvE folks, they will farm their mobs carefully so that they can keep getting resources and recipes from them. And they might not do so every day.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Schedim
Another +1 to big G, that makes him a +4 something, which means he soon are ready for T2 ….
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Jazzlvraz
Excellently written, Guurzak!
Bunibuni
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Chidar
Solution add exp gains from killing mobs.
The game is intended to be equally (as much as possible) rewarding for those that play casually as those that play heavily. Any effect that lets heavy players progress more rapidly than casual players counters that core design philosophy. It will be disappointing to those that want to progress more quickly, but those who find it intolerable are not in the majority of the intended audience. Not every MMO needs to cater to the most common MMO player. It has been said in a number of places (and a variety of words) that PFO is a niche product.
Now me, if I was running this game, I would say it is perfectly fine to gain more xp than anyone else in the game, if you really want to. It will only cost you one US dollar for every 10 xp more that you want. You want 10,000 more xp than other players [casual or otherwise], then send us $1000 and we will give it to you gladly! Just look for this special deal in our store! smile
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Chidar
I have come to the conclusion that 'tabletop /rpg type' players (that this game is targeting), have different expectations of an mmo.
I do not share your enthusiasm for time restriction based exp.

There is little to no point discussing it, as i indicated in the first post.

I doubt very much i will sub to a game with this restriction alone and no alternative method included.
Ryan Dancey
@BuniBuni, that has been tried in many MMOs. It seems awesome for a short time as money pours in, but the pour stops suddenly and that is when you notice how empty the game got. Buy your way to awesome just guts MMOs in the West, even though it seems to work fine in Korea and China.
Chidar
Ryan Dancey
@BuniBuni, that has been tried in many MMOs. It seems awesome for a short time as money pours in, but the pour stops suddenly and that is when you notice how empty the game got. Buy your way to awesome just guts MMOs in the West, even though it seems to work fine in Korea and China.

Ryan,
Thanks part 1 of my concerns for exp is dissolves.
I am very pleased to hear it.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post