Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dev Blog: Managing Your Game Time

Ryan Dancey
Players, we are turning on the game time management functions today.

Read all about these changes in this blog.

Note: If you logged into the game in January, you will automatically use a month of game time in February as soon as your first month of game time expires, unless you opt out. Read the blog to see how to change your game time settings.
Azure_Zero
Read it, and somewhat sad that you can't play while inactive.
Dazyk of Phaeros
don't tell me what to do
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Ryan, will we be able to transfer months between accounts? For a three-account person, with a year of time on one account, I'd prefer to redistribute those months so that I have a balance of payments, with a one year charge coming every 4 months, than buying two years at once in a few months, then having to buy three years in a single month next year.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
We can move months of game time between accounts. However, the one-year game time deals are not divisible. That's why you get the discount.
Kitsune
blog
Accounts have one of two status conditions: Active or Inactive. Inactive accounts cannot log in to the game and do not gain XP. Active accounts can log into the game and gain XP.
Not that this affects me at all, but… what happened to the hybrid free-to-play / subscription model that was spoken of some years ago? Or was it that "during Early Enrollment there will be no free-to-play," and there are still plans to provide this for Open Enrollment?

If the latter (which iirc, that's true), I would highly advise adding a 1-sentence disclaimer/note that "Upon Open Enrollment, Inactive accounts will be able to log in, but will still not gain XP until they are Active or obtain [XP tokens]."

Might save some confusion for those who are asking that same question: "What happened to free-to-play??"
Giorgio
Kitsune,

See Ryan's reply here:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rxjm?Dev-Blog-Game-Time-Management#5
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thanks Ryan. Could we then ask to move some of the remaining months of free time around to achieve the balance, or are those attached to the enrollment type?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Kitsune
Giorgio
Kitsune,

See Ryan's reply here:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rxjm?Dev-Blog-Game-Time-Management#5

That seems absolutely contradictory to his previous post here:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2p8bh?Kickstarter-Community-Thread-Subscriptions#9
Edam
Azure_Zero
Read it, and somewhat sad that you can't play while inactive.

I am somewhat glad you cannot.

The ability to train up multiple alts you can then log in simultaneously for free and isobox so all 15 move together and simultaneously target and attack in synchronisation is not something I was looking forward to seeing.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post