Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v3.0 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Ryan Dancey
With the EE3.0 rep change you can safely kill a character every day without any worries. Your rep loss will remain constantly above the threshold where the Thornguard attack on sight and the Trainers and Crafters will work with you.

Or you can go absolutely murderhobo in the game once a week.
Flynn Pontis
sithinfiltrator
I think the PVP'ers are missing a great opportunity and that is the PVP Open Windows in tower hexes. For the past two weeks, I have been gathering staggering amounts of loot from hexes that are almost always in a PVP open window. That just happens to be when I am online and active. During that time, I saw one other character. If somebody came into the hex while I was gathering or reaping mobs, they could take me out and loot me with zero reputation hits. AS KarlBob said above, it just takes some planning. It takes a strategy. A plan. At any given time on the server, there are dozens of hexes that have open PVP. Hunt there. You will take no reputation hit and anybody you kill will only have themselves to blame for being in an open PVP hex during that time frame. PFO isn't meant to be a game that you can PVP in whenever and wherever you want. There are plenty of opportunities to do so with impunity, but you need to search them out and not just run around attacking the first person you see.

-Lisa

The problem with this being that people can also recognize that a tower pvp window is open of course and choose not to gather in a pvp window hex. Also the only way to check if pvp is enabled is to physically walk into the hex all of which culminates in an unnecessary amount of organization and effort. That and killing undefended crafters in all the time is hardly satisfying.
"With the EE3.0 rep change you can safely kill a character every day without any worries. Your rep loss will remain constantly above the threshold where the Thornguard attack on sight and the Trainers and Crafters will work with you.

Or you can go absolutely murderhobo in the game once a week."

-Ryan

The problem with this though is that you will only ever be able to kill one person that day so what happens if you and a buddy run into two people? Are we supposed to one vs one the other characters and hope that we don't have to get involved at all in the other fight? Seems quite gimmicky to me.
Tuoweit
LuckyCharms
Also the only way to check if pvp is enabled is to physically walk into the hex all of which culminates in an unnecessary amount of organization and effort.

You can search for a settlement's controlling company in the company search window, and check the Holdings tab which will give you the coordinates of all the towers it controls and its PvP window - no need to run around simply to check windows.
Ryan Dancey
There is no problem with running into 2 (or more) people you want to attack with unprovoked PvP. You'll just have to decide how many days you need to stay out of town - with that number being somewhere between "zero" and "seven".
Phyllain
You can't make a game that is suppose to be a sand box game and then say you can;t ever pvp exept in these few hours in these few hexes. That makes it not a sandbox.

For those of you who want to say well eventually you will be able to do XYZ. Right now you can't. For the MVP people who say you signed up for an incomplete game, you can't take something that has been working and then turn it off and then call in MVP.

For those of you who think that the rep thing wll stop pvp in towns the thorn guard will stop that with out the rep change.
Kitsune
Ryan Dancey
… Or you can go absolutely murderhobo in the game once a week.

Ryan Dancey
There is no problem with running into 2 (or more) people you want to attack with unprovoked PvP. You'll just have to decide how many days you need to stay out of town - with that number being somewhere between "zero" and "seven".

I don't think I understand the math here for 7 days. I read and understood earlier that rep would regain at 10/hr for every hour of every day, logged-in or not (granted we're not losing any more rep).

So, that's 240rep/day or 1680/week.

It is my understanding that rep can go as low as -7500, and Thornguards start attacking at -2500 and below. If a player went crazy and killed enough players to completely tank his/her rep to -7500, I see that as almost 21 days (3 weeks) before that player can re-enter a settlement.

So, where does the 7 days come from? I'm confused.
Nihimon
At 10/hour, 240/day, 1680/week, it will take more than 7 days to get from -7,500 to -2,499.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Dazyk of Phaeros
Man. PvP goons can sure be crybabies.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Ryan Dancey
You are correct - I was in error (this is what comes from sitting at the very end of the funnel of what updates are in and not in a release. Was remembering math I heard earlier in the week.)

Should be ~20 days.
Barbaxaron
Ryan Dancey
With the EE3.0 rep change you can safely kill a character every day without any worries. Your rep loss will remain constantly above the threshold where the Thornguard attack on sight and the Trainers and Crafters will work with you.

Or you can go absolutely murderhobo in the game once a week.

I assume that this has been tested, that someone a little above -2500 rep can kill someone and it will reduce rep less then 240 so it will regen to above the -2500 mark within 24 hours. If it always nets a little bit negative rep after 24 hours how long until you have to take a day off from the daily kill?

Is rep lost when gaining the attacker flag? I seem to recall something about this. If it is lost on attacker flag and killing a non-flagged PC, if that PC manages to escape does that mean you don't get to kill today? Also for banditry, if you kill someone and he/she is able to get back to their corpse they force you into the decision of no banking at anywhere other than rotters for a day or two or letting them get their stuff back. My personal plan if anyone tries to kill me when I am gathering will be to run towards the nearest shrine, leaves them stuck with an annoying choice if I can respawn close to where they kill me.

The rep gain seems too small to allow much variation or room for error with banditry IMHO. I also am operating on the assumption that every gatherer with anything remotely valuable will avoid open PVP hexes like the plague since they are effectively walking through them with a kill me sign.

Also is there a change to rep loss per kill that is being applied in the patch but not mentioned? Cause I thought killing seven people in one day would send you from max rep to below -2500 but I could be mistaken.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post