Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v3.0 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Banditry is absolutely meaningful. The game needs banditry and the devlopers require it to provide content. Bandits will make choices. One of those choices involves being unable to enter polite settlements for a period of time. That time needs to be figured out. We are several steps into the process of figuring out what that time should be. For the next couple of weeks, the choice might involve an unacceptable level of repercussions. If it does, the devs will have to fix that or they will lose their bandits.

This is one two week period in a very long line of planned feature and adjustment roll-outs. Currently those who have no desire to test their combat against others are living with theft from husks (or corpses) providing no rep hit, which it will eventually. A sub-group is complaining that they will leave the game if they're going to get killed and their stuff taken. Another sub-group is complaining that they will leave the game if they can't kill more people per time unit. The devs are trying to balance things so that the smallest number of people are too upset to play. Hopefully by Open Enrollment they'll get it right, and it won't be too late.

In the meantime, they have said over and over again, Early Enrollment will be full of adjustments and frustrations. I'm aware that you don't like being told that the answer is don't play right now, but that doesn't change the only available answer.

Cal,

The choice is not to be able to play, and your markets will suffer. You say they will be barred from entering "polite settlements'. Well then GW should give us the tools to have an impolite settlement if we choose.

They will shut down all pvp since most of the settlements set their windows during the hours that fall within the average work day. EU players will encounter those open windows, but not many players to PVP with, except for their own small population.

This is a dreadfully boring game, and your crafters will be crafting for nothing, death by mobs is rare.

They will not only lose their bandits, they will lose their crafters as well. Hell, the player base for that matter, they have had a hard enough time attracting players to the game.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tuoweit
Bluddwolf
What you will end up with is an AH flooded with infinitely common resources, with little or no value, and crated gear will not warrant the time it takes to put it in the queue.

I buy that +4 Tier 2 armor for 10 CP.

Obviously you've never actually tried to gather or craft anything in-game, or you value your time at nothing.

What excitement do you get from gathering? What is the trill of crafting? Where is their any risk in either?

I actually value my time more so than to waste it doing meaningless activities that require no risk or effort. You apparently have too much time on your hands, to have so much of it free to commit it to playing a harvesting / crafting simulator.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bluddwolf
This makes it sound like it is a good thing, but it is a nerf. Before you could recover 100 points per hour of game login time, typically 200 points per game session. That now takes 20 hours or real time.
Actually if that's what people were doing, they'd be recovering about the same per day. (200 vs. 240) But if they were playing for two then leaving the toon logged in for six, that will be a problem.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bluddwolf
This makes it sound like it is a good thing, but it is a nerf. Before you could recover 100 points per hour of game login time, typically 200 points per game session. That now takes 20 hours or real time.
Actually if that's what people were doing, they'd be recovering about the same per day. (200 vs. 240) But if they were playing for two then leaving the toon logged in for six, that will be a problem.

If you left your toon logged in for 6 hours, you'd like find yourself naked when you returned.

Settlement managers should be able to set the rep levels for their settlements now. Otherwise there is no choice but to avoid PVP altogether or resort to just using 1000 xp alts for pvp.

Azure_Zero
Bluddwolf
….

I actually value my time more so than to waste it doing meaningless activities that require no risk or effort. You apparently have too much time on your hands, to have so much of it free to commit it to playing a harvesting / crafting simulator.

Some of us like playing "harvesting / crafting simulator" Bluddwolf.
The reason some are going to crafting is to get away from the PVP.

If you leave the crafters/gathers alone and you only fight the combat characters/guild,
you'll get the fight you seek and the crafters will happily produce for you, your new gear.
Tuoweit
Bluddwolf
If you left your toon logged in for 6 hours, you'd like find yourself naked when you returned.

Well, naturally, because that's how they log out in the first place for afk rep gain.

Tuoweit
Bluddwolf
What excitement do you get from gathering? What is the trill of crafting? Where is their any risk in either?

I'll answer your question at face value.

I don't get "excitement" from gathering or crafting, but I do get satisfaction by providing for the settlement I've chosen to be a member of, and seeing that settlement grow and prosper, and in return get some nice shiny gear from the crafters in my settlement for the purpose of engaging in some PvP. I get enjoyment from every part of that circle, not just one small arc.
Ortallus
Phyllain
You can't make a game that is suppose to be a sand box game and then say you can;t ever pvp exept in these few hours in these few hexes. That makes it not a sandbox.

For those of you who want to say well eventually you will be able to do XYZ. Right now you can't. For the MVP people who say you signed up for an incomplete game, you can't take something that has been working and then turn it off and then call in MVP.

For those of you who think that the rep thing wll stop pvp in towns the thorn guard will stop that with out the rep change.

If it had been working, they wouldn't be turning it off. Just because you didn't mind the results, personally, doesn't mean it was working. That's what PvPers seem to lack, is bigger picture sight.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Ortallus
Dreaden
And how do they determine what the majority of player's want? I haven't seen any voting or polls, a couple "loud" anti PvP opinions on the forums doesn't equal a majority of player's. GW really needs to appease both camps by finding a compromise, screwing over pvper's in favor of the anti PvP crowd will not help maintain their player base. For clarity, I'm not talking random player killing with no purpose. I'm talking about banditry, territorial control, harvesting competition, etc. All these things are viable and intended forms of PvP that will tank your rep and bar you from entering your own town. This is what is unacceptable to player's like me.

In response to your points, Dreaden:

Being as this is an Early Enrollment situation and game, it was made very clear to me when I bought in that my opinions matter, and can be expressed on the forums. To whit, if I want my opinion expressed enough, then I will speak on the forums. If I don't feel strongly enough to speak up on the forums, then my opinion isn't going to be considered. Nor should it be.

You think that the non-PvPers are the 'vocal minority'. I'm actually seeing things as a pretty balanced debate. Though, if anyone were "loud" it would be people like you, who respond to every single post by every other person who opposes their view, often repeating the same things over and over, without looking at some of the new facts being posted up, for example the fact that rep hits are greater against people that don't PvP than those that do.

GM IS trying to find a compromise. That's why they're TESTING things. Maths are maths, and paper is paper, but nothing can really be tested without implementation to see how it ACTUALLY plays out, or looks in the game.

Heck, maybe GM is really cranking the punishment level up on the PvP to scare off/weed out the die-hards who are making things uncomfortable for the non-PvPers. Meanwhile, a lot of people who think PvP should remain in the game, such as myself, find that this puts a throttle on how MUCH PvP is going to happen as a good thing.

Banditry: Realistically, if you're robbing more than one person a day, you're murderhoboing, not being a bandit.

But here's an idea… if you want to have a company of bandits, territorial controllers, etc, why not get, say, 15-20 people, several of which are scouts. Locate some players who appear to be harvesting in the hex you want to 'raid'. Demand tribute. Announce on Hex chat "The foul company, X of the Q is here! If you try to flee, you will be destroyed. If you want to live, we demand 1/2 of what you carry as tribute." Add some realism to it.

In fact, iirc, there were corps in EVE that did similar, going around and demanding 'fees' for harvesting in regions they felt were under their control.

Instead of throwing a fit, and demanding that changes be undone because you don't like it, why not discuss with the community as a WHOLE, "What would you be willing to put up with? How much random PKing is too much?"

I bet you find that 95%+ will give you a straight answer. You might not LIKE that answer, if you're a bloodthirsty killmonger, but bloodthirsty killmongering IS NOT WHAT GM WANTS HERE.

Thanks you and have a nice day.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Ortallus
Dreaden
And how do they determine what the majority of player's want? I haven't seen any voting or polls, a couple "loud" anti PvP opinions on the forums doesn't equal a majority of player's. GW really needs to appease both camps by finding a compromise, screwing over pvper's in favor of the anti PvP crowd will not help maintain their player base. For clarity, I'm not talking random player killing with no purpose. I'm talking about banditry, territorial control, harvesting competition, etc. All these things are viable and intended forms of PvP that will tank your rep and bar you from entering your own town. This is what is unacceptable to player's like me.

In response to your points, Dreaden:

Being as this is an Early Enrollment situation and game, it was made very clear to me when I bought in that my opinions matter, and can be expressed on the forums. To whit, if I want my opinion expressed enough, then I will speak on the forums. If I don't feel strongly enough to speak up on the forums, then my opinion isn't going to be considered. Nor should it be.

You think that the non-PvPers are the 'vocal minority'. I'm actually seeing things as a pretty balanced debate. Though, if anyone were "loud" it would be people like you, who respond to every single post by every other person who opposes their view, often repeating the same things over and over, without looking at some of the new facts being posted up, for example the fact that rep hits are greater against people that don't PvP than those that do.

GM IS trying to find a compromise. That's why they're TESTING things. Maths are maths, and paper is paper, but nothing can really be tested without implementation to see how it ACTUALLY plays out, or looks in the game.

Heck, maybe GM is really cranking the punishment level up on the PvP to scare off/weed out the die-hards who are making things uncomfortable for the non-PvPers. Meanwhile, a lot of people who think PvP should remain in the game, such as myself, find that this puts a throttle on how MUCH PvP is going to happen as a good thing.

Banditry: Realistically, if you're robbing more than one person a day, you're murderhoboing, not being a bandit.

But here's an idea… if you want to have a company of bandits, territorial controllers, etc, why not get, say, 15-20 people, several of which are scouts. Locate some players who appear to be harvesting in the hex you want to 'raid'. Demand tribute. Announce on Hex chat "The foul company, X of the Q is here! If you try to flee, you will be destroyed. If you want to live, we demand 1/2 of what you carry as tribute." Add some realism to it.

In fact, iirc, there were corps in EVE that did similar, going around and demanding 'fees' for harvesting in regions they felt were under their control.

Instead of throwing a fit, and demanding that changes be undone because you don't like it, why not discuss with the community as a WHOLE, "What would you be willing to put up with? How much random PKing is too much?"

I bet you find that 95%+ will give you a straight answer. You might not LIKE that answer, if you're a bloodthirsty killmonger, but bloodthirsty killmongering IS NOT WHAT GM WANTS HERE.

Thanks you and have a nice day.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post