Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

accidental Npc Village attack

Kelth
Hello, my in game name is Kelth as well and I accidentally attacked a wizard that was casting a buff on me because I thought he was attacking me. I didn't kill him but I think my name turned red and I just read that rule update on npc town attacking. So my questions are am I in trouble for this and will the red name go away?
Nihimon
The Aggressor Flag (which you get for hitting him once) goes away after 60 seconds.

The Attacker Flag (which you get for a 2nd hit) goes away after 60 seconds once you're out of combat.

You should be fine smile
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Hobson Fiffledown
Heya Kelth,

There are still an awful lot of accidental hits going on out there. I doubt GW will take any harsh action against players who make accidental hits every once in a while. Heck, I've hit at least 3 people thinking I was casting EF in town (feel the wrath of the short bow!). A quick "sorry" or "oops" in local should do the trick. And the red will eventually go away.
This space for rent.
Edam
After EE3 the Thorngard will attack you though.

Its a necessary change though. Currently a lot of people are roaming the player settlements looking for AFK or crafting players to kill and loot.

Not necessarily even AFK. There is also a fair bit of attacking players as they log in as a character will be visible in game and standing around helpless and attackable for quite some time before the player can actually get in game and can move or fight. People in my settlement have reported logging in well armored characters only to find them under attack and almost dead.

Another new trick is staging a fake attack on your mates in NPC newbie towns and then have your mates all "chase" you out of town - meanwhile tricking a few new players to join in the chase so they can all turn on them once the new players leave the new player settlement hex.
Kelth
Thanks for all the replys guys, they were really helpful.
cloakofwinter3
As usual, rules exploiters are universally douchey.smile
Decius
Edam
Another new trick is staging a fake attack on your mates in NPC newbie towns and then have your mates all "chase" you out of town - meanwhile tricking a few new players to join in the chase so they can all turn on them once the new players leave the new player settlement hex.
I'm pretty sure that's also prohibited; report it if you see it.
Lisa Stevens
The other day while I was in GM mode, somebody claimed to have accidentally killed somebody outside the Bank in an NPC town. What made me suspicious is that they looted the corpse. I mean, if you killed somebody by accident, wouldn't you stand over their husk and yell out, "Oops! My bad! I'll stand guard over your husk until you can get back here and claim your stuff!" Instead of, "Oops! Hey, nice shinies!" and then loot. I figure that looting shows intent.

-Lisa
wclemmer
I have an 'accidental' attack issue. I noticed that ANY accidental damage to a guard results in immediate death. This happened twice, once while figuring out spells against dummy, which got me killed three times in quick succession as I respawned right next to the grumpy guard, and again just inside of town as the guard were running after someone else's goblins and my spell nicked one of them. He killed me again as I returned for my husk!
Given that guards are basically invincible to new characters, and new players are basically guaranteed to make such mistakes, it would make A LOT of sense if guards simply handed out harsh words rather than blades of bloody death when damaged the first, and possibly second, time. And if somehow that logic seems difficult to grasp, how about that having made their point, literally, they NOT multi-kill said panicked and confused newbies but settle on a single execution?
Gog
Agreed that you should be removed from all hate lists when you die.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post