Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Escalations: More Is Better, But Which Kind of More First?

Bob
I'm going to spend some time over the next month or so adding some content to the Escalations and would like to hear which aspects you all feel need the most fleshing out. Off the top of my head, I could focus on any of the following:

• Add More Events: Some Escalations/Phases have only 1 or 2 Events to cycle between where others have 3-5.
  • Increase Encounter Variety: Some Events launch up to 5 identical campsites that are all the same size where others launch a mix of sizes and layouts. Some Escalations also have more Encounters to choose from when launching random Encounters than others do.
  • Add Phases: Some Escalations only have one Phase and thus don't increase/decrease in difficulty where others have as many as 7 Phases.
  • Add Escalations: I could use different mixes of existing creatures to make some more simple Escalations (1 Phase with 1-2 Events).

I plan to work on all of these areas and more over time, but I'd like to focus first on whichever aspects will have the most impact on all of you, and that greatly depends on how you're actually interacting with the current Escalations. If you're spending long periods of time in the same hex working on Events, then you might want more Events so you'll get less repetition of those. If you're spending short periods of time per day fighting an Escalation, but fighting the same Escalation day after day (they are after all intended to take multiple days to defeat), you might want more Phases so they'll be a little different each day. If you're clearing nearby Escalations quickly and keep getting reinfected by the same ones, you might want more Escalations.

As a caveat, the work I do in the immediate future will need to take advantage of creatures, props and technical systems that already exist, since it needs to be work I can largely do myself without additional tech or art. I'd certainly like to put in some additional creatures to fight, but trust me, nobody wants a monster I build and animate anywhere near this game.

So, given that restriction, where would all of you most like to see more variety in the Escalations?
Gog
My first choice would be "better rewards for win boss kills", but that wasn't one of the options.
Of the presented choices, I'd ask for more events.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Azure_Zero
Guurzak
My first choice would be "better rewards for win boss kills", but that wasn't one of the options.
Of the presented choices, I'd ask for more events.

I agree with Guurzak, the boss should drop something nice for the whole party that kills it dead.
From the list: Adding Phases.
Dazyk of Phaeros
I'm with Guurzak: more events.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
QMan
I would also like more events and boss/drops mentioned before.
KarlBob
1st priority - more events
2nd priority - more phases
Nihimon
More Events / More Phases
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Illililili
I would like the option to ally with some of the escalations, do quests/killing for them, and work your way up in rep with them to some type of alliance level.

This should be an option for all characters in game, no matter their alignment, so you need lawful/good escalations for LG players to assist (and CE to kill) and the opposite, and all the variations in between.

Rewards for reaching the top level of escalation alliance should be similar to killing a Win Boss.

Perhaps have two opposing escalations spawn at the same time, and have them give quests to go kill the other one (and set those escalations up so while at they are both active, all hexes they control are PvP rep free, similar to towers).
Gog
We're expecting to see systems very much along those lines as part of the NPC Faction system. It'll be interesting to see if they're able to code in any interactions between the Faction and Escalation systems.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The AI is not intended to be a primary competitor. I beleive if you purchase platinum membership, you will be given the opportunity to play NPCs in later content.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post