Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hail Adventurers!

Ravenstorm
Hail and well met adventurers! My journey has lead me to countless multiverses and it has brought me to this realm. I seek to explore the lands, venture forth into the unknown, and meet new friends along the way. I am Ravenstorm.

Hello everyone, new to the forum, thought I drop in and say hello and introduce myself. Was in the service for many years, am a disabled military vet who likes tabletop gaming, MMORPG, PC RPG (Bards Tale, Wizardry, Might and Magic, and Ages of Empire/Mythology and the likes). Started playing both tabletop gaming and MMORPG when I was in the service. Started with 2nd Edition, 3.0 and 3.5, to finally Pathfinder. Recently joined Pathfinder Society, its an hour drive to and from thou, but its not bad, so far liking it.
Hope to meet new friends on Pathfinder Online, learn the game and see what it has to offer. My first MMORPG was UO, migrated to EQ where I stayed for several years. In between those years, have tried other MMOs, from Dark Ages of Camelot (DAoC), liked the crafting system then. Lords of the Ring Online (LotRO)was very nice, one of the few games I played that I actually liked (my system could handle it). Vanguard Online (which I really liked a lot, but my system was getting old, system could not handle the graphics even on lowest settings, managed to play it for almost a half a year before finally throwing in the towel. Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) came along, played that for almost two years off and on. Pretty much liked it for while. Tried Warhammer Online heavy PvP, didn't last long, played it for a month or two. Everquest II came out, really like it. Played it for few months to a year or so off and on. Guildwars came out, first PvP game that I liked. Guildwars 2 came out somewhat recently 1-2 years ago, was pretty good. Tried Xsyon during beta for few months or so, first sandbox pvp game I played. You can cut trees down (but they don't regrow)(think they changed it now to where they eventually grow back), you had to live off the land basically, you have to use the land and its resources to build your community and such. Lots of building and crafting involved, kind of liked it. Ages of Conan (AoC) came out, tried that for few months, really liked it as well. Graphics was/is really good. played it for a year off and on. Excellent graphics, first MMORPG that was rated R. Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) came out and played that for several months till they revamped it. Graphics was nice. Most recent MMORPG played was Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) (really love their mini series trailers, sort of short movie). Have not played it for several months, mostly due to not finding groups, gold farmers, and gold spammers (also unbalanced PvP at the time, imo (in my opinion). Wizardry Online, played that for several months, not bad (expected it to be like Wizardry the PC game), but it was anime. FFVIX is anime, but it's very good anime, graphics, etc. Might and Magic Online for a month or so, heavy on PvP. Several reasons why I usually end up leaving a game was my system outdated but mostly, having problems finding people to group with. Am a night owl. After awhile, it just gets frustrating when most of the server is asleep and only a handful or so folks are on, (gold farmers, gold spammers, and power levelers/gamers). Not many casual player during that time frame.
As much as I like to explore in MMO games, also like crafting. Hopefully this game has that "je ne sais quoi" element of it. Still new to the forum as mentioned, will have to look around the forum and see what's listed, and learn more about this long awaited game. Thank you for reading this far, didn't expect to make a long introduction.
Deianira Sunstorm
Welcome! Always glad to see another new denizen of our little corner of the River Kingdoms! Look around, ask questions, and settle in. We don't bite, we promise!

A couple of pointers:

If you're looking for companionship in your travels, the Settlements and Companies subforums will help. Some companies are independent; some are attached to a settlement. In either case, membership gives you a social network to draw on and a group of like-minded people to spend time with.

And the New Player Help forum has a lot of good stuff in it.

In game, don't forget the Help channel.
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
Azure_Zero
Welcome, Ravenstorm.

If you have questions ask around folks will answer your questions.
And be sure to check out the Settlement and Companies subforums for a gaming group that fits your playstyle.
But you should also pay attention to the geography and political landscape when picking a settlement or company.
i.e. In the Western Side of the Map in the Highroad Covenant Alliance* we have 0 to 5 PVPing PKers moving around in the area in a week at most at the moment. So you can enjoy the PVE content with out getting PKed and robbed of your stuff.

*High Road Convenant Alliance is made of the settlements, Talonguard, Tavernhold and Stoneroot Glade

Signed
AZ, Talonguard
Jazzlvraz
Welcome, Ravenstorm! I hope part of the je ne sais quoi turns out to be the community here; it's one of the least-poisonous I've ever found, in or out of gaming.
Gog
Dats true, me bin eetin dese guys bodeez fer a munth an' not got poyzond at all.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post