Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

February fun

Hobson Fiffledown
I'm missing the new player fun for the next couple of weeks, but wanted to say a quick hello and give a couple of lines of newbie advice (from this newbie to you newbies).

1. Don't purchase anything above Level 1 for a bit unless you really know what you're doing.

1.1. Did you get some shiny new stuff with your character that you don't know what it does? Put it in the vault (write down which settlement) and forget about it for a while.

As xp is time based, you're probably not going to fall behind from lack of spending. Build a little bit of a character, and go out and have fun. Playing around with Level 1 stuff for a while to figure out what you want to do may save you some headache.

2. DON"T ATTACK THE THORNGUARDS.

Seriously, don't.

3. Read the Player Guides and hit up the Forums.

Both contain essential information and will make your introductory game experience easier. DISCLAIMER: The forums are all sorts of drama-tastic and seem to make a much bigger deal out of some things than they actually are. Don't let people debating hot-topic issues intimidate you in regards to the game.

4. Have fun, but also have some patience!

That's what we're all (hopefully) here for. Fun. Ask for help, there's a whole Chat Channel just for that. Use Local and Hex also, meet your neighbors, explore. It's a mid-development game, and we're all pretty new here (even the multi-year forum types), having a little patience for the state of the game as well as the players will go a long way.

That's just my $.04 as a newish player. Now, go out and smash some starter goblins.
This space for rent.
Decius
0. Read the new player guide.
5. Refer to the new player guide first whenever you have a question.
Dazyk of Phaeros
1. Not necessarily true: feel free to buy multiple Ranks (levels) in Hit Points, Power, Defensives (like Toughness, Lightning Reflexes, IR Iron All), Attack Bonuses (Heavy Melee, Ranged, Divine, or whatever your preferred weapon type), and Knowledge Skills (Local, Nature, etc. )
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Tyveil
Dazyk of Phaeros
1. Not necessarily true: feel free to buy multiple Ranks (levels) in Hit Points, Power, Defensives (like Toughness, Lightning Reflexes, IR Iron All), Attack Bonuses (Heavy Melee, Ranged, Divine, or whatever your preferred weapon type), and Knowledge Skills (Local, Nature, etc. )

Yep, agreed. Those will always be useful and don't require too much analysis to figure out what you want.
Hobson Fiffledown
Yes, yes, and yes.

There are definitely a lot of safe choices out there (and really, with only 1,000xp there's not too much room for epic spending regret). I also wouldn't want people to be afraid to spend some xp. Mainly, I was trying to say that being a little behind the curve and using the available resources to figure out what you want and why you want it could save some headache.

(On the outside chance someone wanted to become a 99% crafter after a couple of days, many of those listed safe purchases wouldn't be too useful. Not unusable, not a waste of xp, but not entirely useful. I'm not a big min/maxer and I don't really believe in "wasted" xp, but there are a lot of people out there who have higher expectations and lower frustration levels.)
This space for rent.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post