Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

+3 Weapons

evilyuriclone
Can characters fully utilize +3 T1 weapons? Or should i just stop at +2s?
Dazyk of Phaeros
You should stop at +2, until you get Rank 8 in the relevant armour feat.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Dazyk of Phaeros
In a nutshell:
Upgrade | Weapon | Armour
T1+0 | Rank 1 | Rank 1
T1+1 | Rank 2 | Rank 2
T1+2 | Rank 3 | Rank 4
T2+0/+1/+2 | Rank 4 | Rank 6
T1+3/T2+3 | Rank 5 | Rank 8
T3 - All | Rank 6 | Rank 10
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Ortallus
Dazyk of Phaeros
In a nutshell:
Upgrade | Weapon | Armour
T1+0 | Rank 1 | Rank 1
T1+1 | Rank 2 | Rank 2
T1+2 | Rank 3 | Rank 4
T2+0/+1/+2 | Rank 4 | Rank 6
T1+3/T2+3 | Rank 5 | Rank 8
T3 - All | Rank 6 | Rank 10

Would you mind un-newbing this and take it out of the nutshell? xD

Do you mean that at rank 2 of a weapon feat you get the benefit from a T1+1 item? Or is that ranks in the weapon proficiency?
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Dazyk of Phaeros
That is Weapon Attack Feats. So your Cantrips, Orisons, One-Handed Sword attacks, etc.

Proficiencies really only come in to play at the Tier level.

So you need Proficiency 1 to learn the Attack Feats at Rank 1 (Tier 1), then Proficiency 2 to learn Attack Feats at Rank 4 (Tier 2), etc.

Gog
Ortallus
Would you mind un-newbing this and take it out of the nutshell?

Every attack starts with a base damage of 40, and then you add 5 to that for each keyword which is matched between your attack feat and your equipped weapon. (Major keywords earned for upgrading to T2 and T3 gear count as 20 damage each.)

Rank 1 training activates +0 keywords
Rank 2 training activates +1 keywords
Rank 3 training activates +2 keywords
Rank 4 training activates T2 major keywords
Rank 5 training activates +3 keywords
Rank 6 training activates T3 major keywords

So, to figure out how strong your attack is, find the line for the WORSE of your trained feat rank and your equipped weapon.

Rank 1 attack feat: T1 +0 weapon : 1 keyword : 45 base damage
Rank 2 attack feat: T1 +1 weapon : 2 keywords: 50 base damage
Rank 3 attack feat: T1 +2 weapon : 3 keywords: 55 base damage
Rank 5 attack feat: T1 +3 weapon : 4 keywords: 60 base damage
Rank 4 attack feat: T2 +0 weapon : 1 kw +1 mk: 65 base damage
Rank 4 attack feat: T2 +1 weapon : 2 kw +1 mk: 70 base damage
Rank 4 attack feat: T2 +2 weapon : 3 kw +1 mk: 75 base damage
Rank 5 attack feat: T2 +3 weapon : 4 kw +1 mk: 80 base damage
Rank 6 attack feat: T3 +0 weapon : 1 kw +2 mk: 85 base damage
Rank 6 attack feat: T3 +1 weapon : 2 kw +2 mk: 90 base damage
Rank 6 attack feat: T3 +2 weapon : 3 kw +2 mk: 95 base damage
Rank 6 attack feat: T3 +3 weapon : 4 kw +2 mk: 100 base damage

So if you have your attack feat trained to rank 4, you could wield a Tier 1 +2 weapon for 55 base damage. A Tier 1 +3 weapon would give you the same 55 base damage because you don't have the training to unlock the +3 keyword yet.

All of this assumes that you are using a weapon which exactly matches the keyword progression of your attack feats. With physical weapons, this is always true, since you can't use an axe attack while wielding a longsword anyway. However, wizard cantrips and cleric orisons have an additional wrinkle: there are multiple spell families and different casting weapons for each family, and if you slot an "elemental" orison in your "occult" focus you will only get a partial match.

Here's the progression for mismatched caster feats:

Rank 1 attack feat: T1 +0 weapon : 1 keyword : 45 base damage

Rank 3 attack feat: T1 +2 weapon : 2 keywords: 50 base damage

Rank 4 attack feat: T2 +0 weapon : 1 kw +1 mk: 65 base damage
Rank 4 attack feat: T2 +2 weapon : 2 kw +1 mk: 70 base damage

Rank 6 attack feat: T3 +0 weapon : 1 kw +2 mk: 85 base damage*
Rank 6 attack feat: T3 +2 weapon : 2 kw +2 mk: 90 base damage*

(Note that in the specific case of the Mental family of cantrips/weapons, a mismatch will NOT match on the T3 keyword, so don't use the starred entries if you are slotting a Mental cantrip into a non-Psychic weapon or vice versa.)
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Ortallus
Aha! Perfect, thanks Dazyk =D
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Ortallus
Thanks Guurzak too!!! Nice!
Edam
To use a +3 weapon you need rank 5 attacks which has a prerequisite of Ability 14 in the relevant stat.

I doubt anyone on server has ability 14 in any stat yet.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post