Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A confused hello

sooperspook
I suppose I should actually say hello now that I've actually started playing…

Hello!
Now what?
smile
Deianira Sunstorm
Hello! Welcome to the madhouse!

A couple of suggestions - I'm away from my regular computer so don't have the handy linky things, but on these forums check out the New Player Help section (particularly the guides; you will need them), and the Recruitment forum (both Companies and Settlements). As PFO is a very social game, finding a company and/or a settlement that fits your playstyle will be a big help!

If you don't mind telling us a bit about what you want to do and be in game - crafter, wizard, PvE, PvP, social butterfly, etc. we can probably point you in the right directions.
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
sooperspook
Well my first char is going to be a wizard. And is going to be as wizardy as I can make him. I generally prefer pve but I don't mind pvp in group event stuff. Haven't decided on a settlement or company yet. Still getting the hang of the character tbh. Haven't even spent all my starting xp yet…
Deianira Sunstorm
Ah, another wizard! It's a lot of fun, even if I'm still (figuratively) running around with flailing Kermit the Frog arms. Ask the Emerald Lodge; I'm an expert at dying! smile

Check out the Wizard role forum, particularly this thread, for helpful hints. Don't worry about spending all your xp at once; start with some good attacks, hit points, etc - that thread will help you - and go from there. Definitely do the initial quests which will give you some basic equipment.

In game, the Help channel is your friend. Don't be shy about using it; the players monitoring it genuinely want to be helpful.

I'm an East Coast player and should be online this evening. I'll keep an eye out for you, but as I'm over in the Emerald Lodge settlement I may be an inconvenient distance away!
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
Azure_Zero
Welcome, sooperspook.

If you have questions ask around folks will answer your questions.
And be sure to check out the Settlement and Companies subforums for a gaming group that fits your playstyle.
But you should also pay attention to the geography and political landscape when picking a settlement or company.
i.e. In the Western Side of the Map in the Highroad Covenant Alliance* we have 0 to 5 PVPing PKers moving around in the area in a week at most at the moment. So you can enjoy the PVE content with out getting PKed and robbed of your stuff.

*High Road Convenant Alliance is made of the settlements, Talonguard, Tavernhold and Stoneroot Glade

Signed
AZ, Talonguard
Doc
Just stay in an NPC town like Rathglen or Marchmont for the first 3-4 weeks. There will be more people there to help you and they will be safer places to learn how to play.
sooperspook
Why can't I slot Killing Joke into any of the left 3 slots? The only thing I can put there is ShadowBlast. Everything else will only go into one of the three slots on the right.

Also, from the wizard pack I picked up something that said Spell: Speed. When I right clicked it vanished. Did I accidentally cast it? OR did it get put into the spellbook? And how do I use the spellbook anyway? Can't find where it says in the new player guide pdf.
Gog
Killing Joke is a Secondary attack. Check icon borders for white vs black to identify primaries and secondaries. (Or check the spreadsheets.)

You learned Speed by rightclicking it, but you need a Spellbook item equipped in your Implement slot in order to slot it.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
sooperspook
Ah thank you
QMan
When you're ready, you should check out the settlements that are around. Many aren't that active unfortunately, but there are a few that boast some good numbers. Ozem's Vigil, the settlement I'm in, happens to be one of them.

If you're interested in being a part of the Good Stronghold in the North, feel free to check us out-
http://ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com/

There are a few productive settlements in addition to ours and definitely suggest you check them all out. We've got some great friends out there. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post