Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Double durability hit on inventory

Kradlum Kabal
I just died (due to the hp not regenerating bug primarily). Running back to my corpse I noticed it was a long run. Checked the (brand new) armour I was wearing and saw I had taken a double durability hit. On reclaiming my husk I found all 3 sets of brand new armour (1x+1, 2x+2) armour had disappeared. I can't prove it, but unless I was very unlucky, it looks like I took 2x 25% hit on the items in my inventory.

My game play experience is seriously not enjoyable. That is days of gathering, trading and crafting that has disappeared. If it had happened during PvP I would chalk it up to my mistake. Since it happened due to bugs that have been known about for months, I'm not happy.
Honest Snotbad's Travelling Traders. Purveyors of fine goods since 2015.
Stoneroot Glade - Home of the brave.
Gog
There's a known bug that you take double dur hits when you are forced to respawn in a different hex from your husk. This is supposed to be fixed in the upcoming 3.0 patch.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Kradlum Kabal
I know about the known bug hitting equipped items, as I said above, it has been known about for months. I wasn't aware of it also effecting items in inventory. This should have been fixed before husks went in, not 2 weeks after. Chances of losing 1 out of 3 items due to death is 3/4, chances of losing all 3 is only 1/64, without this bug.

MVP for me is a game where I don't lose days worth of play due to known bugs.
Thod-Theodum
Are you sure not somebody looted your husk?

Maybe someone stumbled upon it and took the crafted items. Spawning in a different hex should have given a player enough time to take the items.

You need to be triple careful if you run around with crafted items between settlements. There is a trade-off to craft fast or craft in your own non crafter settlement slowly.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Kradlum Kabal
They would have struggled to loot the husk without killing the 2 wolves that were directly on top of it.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Each item in your inventory has a 25% chance of being destroyed upon death.

It looks like you are just unlucky.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Gog
kradlum, even with a double death roll your chances of losing 3 for 3 items is only 8.37%.

If you figure that there are more than 64 character deaths per server day, there's no particular reason to think that a 1.56% outcome is a smoking gun pointing to a scenario which is only 8.37% likely anyway. In any sufficiently large population there are going to be people who experience low-probability events. We could just as easily speculate that your husk was looted and the wolves respawned afterwards, or that there's some other bug we're not even aware of in play.

With all that said, the bug you're complaining about is announced fixed in the next patch, so I'm not sure what your desired outcome here is.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Any chance they looted from stealth? You can, currently, get laughably close to mobs in stealth without them seeing you. Unless teh wolves were actually standing on the body, a stealthed person could easily take the cream of the crop.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Kradlum Kabal
Guurzak
With all that said, the bug you're complaining about is announced fixed in the next patch, so I'm not sure what your desired outcome here is.

My desired outcome is that they fix bugs before introducing features that are negatively impacted by those bugs. Why was introducing husks more important than fixing the double durability hit and hp not regenerating bugs that had been known about for months?

Another example: I see that implementing ammo is high on the priority list. Is that higher than fixing Rogues? Is it higher than getting conditions like slow fixed for PvE? Because implementing a feature that effectively rations my ability to do damage before implementing the features that actually allow me to do damage is the wrong way to do it.

I'm a programmer. If I went to my users and told them I was implementing features before fixing known bugs, I'd be laughed out of the office.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post