Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Request: allow casting pbaoe without target in range

Nihimon
Guurzak
I
Big
Bursts and I can not lie.

Oh
My
God
You are so… out there
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Nihimon
Edam
Decius
Some PBAOE are splash, some are burst. Bursts are bigger.

yeah … sometimes with bursts to self I find things that are too far away to trigger the spell if I target them but are actually in range of the burst and take damage when I target something closer and manage to fire the spell.

The Range is Melee (2 meters), but the Effect Scope is Burst (6 meters).
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Dazyk of Phaeros
Guurzak
I
Big
Bursts and I can not lie.

LMAO

Oh man… I sure wish we could follow people on these forums. I like my daily lols from Guurzak's posts.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Dreamslinger
Until the tech that allows firing off a PBAoE without requiring a target is available, would changing the range of PBAoE spells to something like 20 while leaving the effect as 'Burst to Self' be a decent fix? That would let Wizards start casting their PBAoEs while their targets are closing in.
Dreamslinger
Well, I tried targetting myself to see if that helped fire off Wraith's Cry more reliably. It looked like it did. Unfortunately, it also did a hell of a lot of damage to me as well.
Edam
Dreamslinger
Well, I tried targetting myself to see if that helped fire off Wraith's Cry more reliably. It looked like it did. Unfortunately, it also did a hell of a lot of damage to me as well.

There a number of oddities with spells including the way casting short blast at a distant target hits the distant target and anyone near you but nothing in between.

With a longbow you can queue a ranged shot with number keys and it eventually fires once the target is in range.

Maybe that will work with melee spells as well. Try hitting the appropriate key as a target is approaching/charging you and see if it fires automatically when he is in melee range.
Dreamslinger
Edam
With a longbow you can queue a ranged shot with number keys and it eventually fires once the target is in range.

Maybe that will work with melee spells as well. Try hitting the appropriate key as a target is approaching/charging you and see if it fires automatically when he is in melee range.

That does work but since the cast doesn't start until the targetted mob enters melee range the spell frequently gets interrupted. 2.3 seconds is a long time of letting multiple mobs beat on you while wearing cloth.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post