Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dev Blog: Short Term Roadmap

Tyncale
Nice list, thanks! I was wondering about the Smallholds and camps though, and hopefully shared storage that may come with the smallholds. Are these planned for the first half of 2015?

Or do they fall under "Power Recovery based on locations"? Or maybe the Marquee feature of PoI's and Outposts?
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Doc
Unless they are going to consider a Smallhold a type of POI, than I would say they are different deliverables. But the more I think about it the Smallhold sounds a lot like a POI.
Ryan Dancey
We will have a blog about Smallholdings, Base Camps, and the craftable camps up shortly.
Dazyk of Phaeros
I am a little concerned about this one:

Dev Blog
*AOE Friendly Fire Blocker Toggle
I thought that it was decided not to dummy-proof AOEs. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that making AOEs dangerous to allies is a distinct and fun feature of PFO.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Nihimon
Dazyk of Phaeros
I am a little concerned about this one:

Dev Blog
*AOE Friendly Fire Blocker Toggle
I thought that it was decided not to dummy-proof AOEs. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that making AOEs dangerous to allies is a distinct and fun feature of PFO.

My assumption is that it will be a flag that you can set on your Character so that any AoE Attacks you use will fail (and probably not use Stamina) if they would hit a friendly target. I do not believe this will allow you to use AoE Attacks to damage Foes but not Friends.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Gog
I read that as "ability to set a check to automatically prevent casting an aoe if it would hit allies." You would still have friendly fire if you chose to cast, you can just choose more easily not to cast.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Nihimon
It would be really nice if the flag removed the AoE Effect if it would include a Friend.
Nihimon
Now I'm wondering if Stephen's cost calculations include the likelihood of hitting friendly targets.

How many folks would happily use Wilting Surge at its current Cost if it were single-target instead of Burst?
Stephen Cheney
The AoE blocker flag is, indeed, conceived as basically self-interrupting right before the attack is actually applied if it would hit a friendly. We may possibly have an initial check to block "for free" if you were already targeting a friendly in the first place, but that check might be too processing-intensive to be viable. The reality of it may change once programming looks at figuring out what's possible.

AoEs (particularly under the new math coming in for EE4) do gain a substantial discount due to risk of friendly fire. For example, Burst should be priced such that it's underpowered unless you're hitting at least 5 targets on average, but it is priced such that it's underpowered unless you're hitting at least 2.24 targets on average. If we removed friendly fire (such that you could drop AoEs and they'd hit enemies but not friends), that number would go back up to 5, significantly reducing the power of the actions.
Shiki
On the subject of AoEs, can we get an option so people in our party who AoE us don't get flagged and thus become tab-targettable/we don't auto-target our attacker (ie. auto-forgive friendly fire)?

My friend and I have nearly killed each other quite a few times with our Fighter + Wizard duo while explicitly trying to be super careful and learn how to avoid friendly fire.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post