Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Can you duel wield swords?

Helborn
Can you duel wield long swords? If so is there any advantage to doing it?
Dazyk of Phaeros
Yes, you can, but I don't think there is any mechanical advantage to doing so.

The real advantage, with current tech, to dual wield is using different weapon types in order to capitalize on a conditional effect.

Ex.

Dagger causes Dazed
Mace does + damage if target is Dazed
Etc.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Gog
Right. Dual wielding the same weapon has no mechanical advantage. Dual wielding different weapons lets you select primaries from one weapon and secondaries from a different. However, that system is poorly implemented since you'll never get kill credit for your offhand weapon, so training it up will require extensive grinding.

You're better off with a twohander anyway, at least in the game as we know it today.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Doc
Unless you like to use "hamstring". smile
Jakaal
I use 2 shortswords just b/c smile
Nihimon
Using two of the same weapon does not grant any benefit, but does incur more costs when you die, since both weapons take durability hits. That's not to say the intangible benefits won't compensate…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Ortallus
Nihimon
Using two of the same weapon does not grant any benefit, but does incur more costs when you die, since both weapons take durability hits. That's not to say the intangible benefits won't compensate…

Yeah, Mr. Sword and Board. ;-)
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Edam
To dual wield you drag the second weapon to the offhand slot in the paperdoll.

There may eventually be some advantage to equipping a combo of identical weapons made from different materials like steel and cold iron and silver weapons. Currently however you get the primaries form the first wep the secondaries from the second wep and obviously if they are two identical weps your attacks are identical to equipping one weapon.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post