Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bonus Subscription Credit and Veteran's Rewards

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Once the 4 Month KS time ends, I believe that continuing a subscription should give a stipend of store credits to be saved up and spent on Cash Shop items.

Free veteran's Bonus items at various intervals would also be a good idea. KS + 3 months, + 9 months, Active Account Anniversary, etc.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
New Guy
Good idea.
Gog
If you're continuing your subscription then you're accumulating experience. Unlike Everquest et al, your character continues to gain power even when you're not logging into the game. Your "veteran reward" is all the new feats you can train; I don't think we need anything more than that.

Ryan's made it clear that he's not contemplating any kind of recurring store credit for subscribers. You're paying for the XP and that's what you get.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Guurzak
If you're continuing your subscription then you're accumulating experience. Unlike Everquest et al, your character continues to gain power even when you're not logging into the game. Your "veteran reward" is all the new feats you can train; I don't think we need anything more than that.

Ryan's made it clear that he's not contemplating any kind of recurring store credit for subscribers. You're paying for the XP and that's what you get.

How's that working out?

Based on Lisa's email offer, I'd say, "Not well enough".
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Doc
Your "veteran reward" is all the new feats you can train; I don't think we need anything more than that.

Well, with the one of the few other major MMORPGs out that was pay-to-play announcing they will become free-to-play in a few months, a venture like PFO will be further marginalized.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/01/21/eso-heads-to-consoles-june-9th
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Whether or not PFO needs incentives, it never hurts to have incentives proposed. The devs will decide what they need, and can pick and chose from ideas they've seen. If they never see them, they have no idea what people value.

(edit: In all honesty, there are things I've proposed, both on the boards and on Ideascale, not because I cared one wit whether anyone else liked/hated/or even noticed them, but because I wanted the devs to see them. One such was the notion of selling accounts in the future that are backdated XP to day one. No player that was around at the time was going to wildly support that, but there might come a time when it will be of value to the devs. If they contemplate such a thing, they need to know how bad the opposition from early players will be. Ideas coming from a player are far less inflammatory than ideas coming from the devs.)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
Wait, what?

You're going to see offers from us constantly - that's just good marketing. In fact, the better we're doing, the more offers we'll be able to create and push. Seeing things like coupons, promotions, sales, etc. isn't a sign of weakness. Look at Steam for example. That stuff is just Marketing 101.
QMan
While I agree with you Ryan about promotion, looking at Steam there's a lot of competition offering better deals than what PFO is offering. I'm not talking about finished games, but games that allow early access. It's making it hard to get new people into the game. I've actually had people get mad at me after they saw your big ticket items in the store, price for the game right now AND $15 sub per character. I mention to them that the game is persistent. That doesn't impress them. They see this as a cash grab and many confuse your camp, tavern, base camp items as P2W.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Ryan Dancey
Wait, what?

You're going to see offers from us constantly - that's just good marketing. In fact, the better we're doing, the more offers we'll be able to create and push. Seeing things like coupons, promotions, sales, etc. isn't a sign of weakness. Look at Steam for example. That stuff is just Marketing 101.

Where are these offers being made? Internal emails on the Paizo forums, is the only place I have seen.

Pathfinder Online's Face Book page makes no mention of the price drop, so how is that marketing 101? Not to mention that PFO Facebook page has 282 likes, all probably from friends, family and people already playing.

Pathfinder News on MMORPG.com, last dated January 8. No mention of price drop or any other advances in the game, in the news section.

Yeah, Steam understands Marketing 101, do you?
LOL, I just went to Steam and PFO is not even advertised there, what a bad choice for an example. /smiley face = What Hubris

Doc
Bluddwolf, I'm going to assume that Paizo customers were the primary marketing target because Paizo is the biggest investor for PFO? I'd imagine Paizo stands to gain more from engaging their longterm customers with products related to an I.P. those customers are already interested in, rather than other people who may have never heard of Pathfinder or the I.P. before? Just some thoughts.

I'm part of the second group. Never heard of Pathfinder before, or ever played table top role playing before either, and have no interest in either now or in the future. I just want a fantasy-themed sandbox MMORPG that doesn't have skateboards and flying sloth gliders like ArcheAge.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post