Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bonus Subscription Credit and Veteran's Rewards

Ryan Dancey
Our Facebook page (facebook.com/goblinworks) has 4,562 likes.

We don't spam our offers out into the ether. They're selectively sent to target markets, and they're all different so that we can see which of our promotions work and how well each work. The offer sent to the Paizo mailing list is distinct from the offer we made at the summer conventions, and the offers we're working on with other partners.

I didn't say "look at Steam for a Pathfinder Online offer", I said "look at Steam in the context of an incredibly successful service that offers discounts, promotions, coupons, sales, etc. on a continuous basis" to disabuse you of the notion that offering those kinds of promotions indicates that a business is struggling.

We are in fact working on the final stages of our first really big promotional program (the code came out of QA on Friday night), and announcements about that are going to be made starting early next week. The existence of that program doesn't show weakness - it shows strength; we're growing, we want to grow faster, and we have the resources to execute on a good promotion to make that happen.
New Guy
Bluddwolf
Guurzak
If you're continuing your subscription then you're accumulating experience. Unlike Everquest et al, your character continues to gain power even when you're not logging into the game. Your "veteran reward" is all the new feats you can train; I don't think we need anything more than that.

Ryan's made it clear that he's not contemplating any kind of recurring store credit for subscribers. You're paying for the XP and that's what you get.

How's that working out?

Based on Lisa's email offer, I'd say, "Not well enough".

I must have missed it. When was the Email offer?
And what was it?
HowardWdW
It seems clear that there are too few players in the game at this point of the early enrollment. I'm sure that all of us who invested in the Kickstarter and who are playing now want the game to succeed. Right now I can journey all over the map and hardly ever encounter another player. We have had only one night of real PVP action in defending our towers since the War of Towers began. While the game is in early development it is obvious that the development team don't want it to be over-stressed. That said there must be a reasonable level of players to make the game fun and provide feedback to development. Looking at the competition the $50 to buy into early enrollment and the $15 per month are clearly over-priced. I would suggest a deep discount for the buy in perhaps dropping it to $20 and reducing subscription cost to $5 per month for 6 months. In order to not have too many players, target the number of accounts desired, subtract the current enrollment and then make the offer a "while supplies last" offer. As a CEO of my own business, business plans have to change to deal with current circumstances. It's called facing the brutal facts and changing what you are doing in order to achieve long term success.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Calidor
[I must have missed it. When was the Email offer?
And what was it?
Jan 29, the codes for 20/10/5 dollars off various account options through to the end of February. The biggest discount was EE, which is no longer in play.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
If you enter PFAdvantage in the Discount Code box on checkout you'll get a discount on Explorer Enrollment of $10.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
HowardWdW
It seems clear that there are too few players in the game at this point of the early enrollment.
People keep saying that like it's necessarily true. Goblinworks has said from day one they plan to have a slow, constant growth, not parabolic trajectory. If the statements Ryan made near the beginning are true (expecting to put close to $10 million in before seeing a profit) then the game can move quite slowly for at least a couple of more years before running into any difficulty at all.
Doc
It seems clear that there are too few players in the game at this point of the early enrollment.

I would amend that to say there are too few players for the current number of settlements on the map. Other than that, I personally think the population is fine for what I feel the game currently is, a paid Alpha.
Giorgio
Doc
I would amend that to say there are too few players for the current number of settlements on the map. Other than that, I personally think the population is fine for what I feel the game currently is, a paid Alpha.

Doc,

You are absolutely correct than when the 4 months of KS time runs out we will start getting actual numbers of people who decided to stay (and join). I am confident the numbers will be positive and within the reasonable projections for the long term health of the game. I also believe that by April the game will be a lot more stable and playable than it currently is, and that will make a difference.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Doc
I would amend that to say there are too few players for the current number of settlements on the map.
I agree that there are too few for the settlements, but am not at all convinced that Ryan et al expected all 33 settlements to survive. They may very well have only wanted 10 or 15 or 20, but picking the best place is a tough call, since many aspects of live play can't be predicted. If they created 30 plus settlements, in the full expectation that the 15 best would survive and 15 others barely exist or fail, then they are getting exactly what they want.

Organically speaking, there are miniscule groups that are existing just fine, because larger groups around them find their presence convenient and useful, while nearby groups that are larger are constantly fighting for a niche because they aren't as conveniently located. That strikes me as the game shaking out pretty well for this stage.
New Guy
Ryan Dancey
If you enter PFAdvantage in the Discount Code box on checkout you'll get a discount on Explorer Enrollment of $10.

Would that work for upgrading from a $35 Kickstarter account?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post