Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bonus Subscription Credit and Veteran's Rewards

Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'd have to go with Bludd on this. Intellectually, it sounds good to say I'd rather live free than die a slave, but history has proven that when the chips are down, very few can actually bring themselves to die rather than knuckle under.

Its probably a hard call to make for a 14 year old girl sold to a brothel.

Though yeah logically and intellectually, if all slaves suicided there would be little slavery eventually.
Decius
Bluddwolf
Decius
Bluddwolf
Nihimon
Nihimon challenges, "Know what is worth more than yourself."

A strange question to be posed to a Chaotic Neutral, since the answer is obvious…. "Nothing!"

I'm quite sure that you would rather permanently die as free man than live a slave; freedom is worth more than your life.

Do you know what else is worth more than yourself? What would you risk freedom for?

As a character or a person? The answers are dependent on which context.

IRL:

I think that argument that many or most would rather die than live in slavery is more than a bit unfair to those who were presented with that situation. Millions of people have chosen life over freedom, and few risk their life for freedom. Even fewer risk their life, for the freedom of others, that is what makes their sacrifices heroic in nature.

In-Game, death is not permanent, and so the only thing being put at risk is time. In-game, freedom has no cost, other than time if your expression of freedom is contested.

I was addressing the one who identified as CN, of course.
Melien
A rational man can always choose to live enslaved doing naught but manual labor.

What he cannot be made to do, is think. No whip can beat great inventions out of him, no amount of violence can make him an Einstein, a Louis Pasture, a Vanderbilt, a Ford an Edison or Tesla. Only freedom can do that.
lfseeney
I would hope at month 4 they give us a discount to buy more time, otherwise I fear we are going to see a mass reduction in players?
Edam
lfseeney
I would hope at month 4 they give us a discount to buy more time, otherwise I fear we are going to see a mass reduction in players?

The $12.50 per month annual rate is roughly what you pay in EVE. Even buying by the single month at $15 each month seems reasonable compared to many other games.

Unless you are running multiple accounts - it actually works out at just $3 or $4 a week.
Ortallus
Edam
lfseeney

The $12.50 per month annual rate is roughly what you pay in EVE. Even buying by the single month at $15 each month seems reasonable compared to many other games.

Unless you are running multiple accounts - it actually works out at just $3 or $4 a week.

The funny thing about monthly subs, and people cranking about paying them, is that they were 15 dollars a month in Everquest Vanilla, 16 years ago.

………………1999……2015…….Increase
Ounce of gold:____279.11____1237.25____443%
Movie Ticket:*____5.80______8.13_______14%
Price of gas:*____0.95______3.75_______394%
Cost of Game Sub: 15.00_____15.00______0%

*Based on national averages for the US.

What I read when I see people say "if there are subs after the free time is up, people will leave" comes out to, "I'm too cheap to pay 15 dollars a month for something I'll spend 20 hours a month playing, minimum."
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Kitsune
That's always been my argument to justify paying a sub for an MMO. For the average user, it's $15/mo for hours upon hours, upon hours of entertainment. Versus, as you already mentioned, going to the movies (+popcorn/soda if you're into that) costing anywhere from $6 -> $20 or more… for what, 3 hours of entertainment?

Sorry to continue down the rabbit hole, but yeah, I have no problem paying $15 to keep myself entertained.

The only argument that's hard to fight against is, "I don't find an undeveloped game to be entertaining enough to pay 'full price' at this time." And that's valid reasoning. I try to remind those people that it's more than just playing a game right now - it's building the game that you've always wanted. If you don't want to participate in that awesome process, and just want the content spoon-fed to you after it's been fleshed-out… then so be it. Join at a later date, and we'll see you then. No hard feelings, just stop b****ing about it, please. (not directed at anyone specific, just towards the general populace that's complaining about paying for an "unfinished" game)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
People who pay now are paying for something entirely different than those who will pay in Open Enrollment.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Kitsune
(not directed at anyone specific, just towards the general populace that's complaining about paying for an "unfinished" game)

Unfortunately these are exactly the same people that will turn up at Open Enrollment and bitch that its unfair because apparently with their personal "leet @w3som3 min.max char building skillz" they would normally be top of the server by now but this game makes it "too hard to catch up to the vets" . (TL&DR version of such comments - I suck at this but it must be your fault because I am awesome)
Kradlum Kabal
I hope they bring in a Paypal payment method. As a non-US player, I get charged a fee for every transaction in a foreign currency.
Honest Snotbad's Travelling Traders. Purveyors of fine goods since 2015.
Stoneroot Glade - Home of the brave.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post