Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Training strong back 3+

Regnirok
I was originally told that training Strong Back 3+ required company membership. I am now a member of a company, but it does not appear on the trainer. Is this because I need to head to a player owned crafting settlement?

Thanks!
Hoffman
Yes. You need to train in a player settlement with enough towers to train StrongBack 3+. Best bet is a crafting only settlement. That being said, if your goal is to increase your encumbrance you may be better off matching your armor to get the bonuses from your freeholder/expert class. Confusing, I know.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.
Azure_Zero
Regnirok, Yes you need to go to a Crafting Settlement like Talonguard, to get strong back 3
Nihimon
@Regnirok, hop on TS and talk to pretty much anyone about this.

First, double-check that you're a member of Phaeros. Do a Company Search for "Phaeros", then click Phaeros in the Company List. If you see an Apply to Join button, then any previous application may have timed out before Decius got around to approving it. If Decius isn't online, go ahead and apply to Echo Woodsman because Thorgrim's almost always around.

Once you're positive you're in a Company that's attached to Phaeros, go to either Hammerfall or Keeper's Pass and look at the Freeholder Trainer. If you get a message that says "Your Settlement is only Rank 2 today" or something like that, then we need to take more Towers, but I don't think that's the case.

If you're still having trouble, and can't get on TS while someone else is, go ahead and post something on our forums. That'll bring the usual helpful folks out of the woodwork smile
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Regnirok
Nihimon

Yeah, no one was around at the time. Anyway, I did both: Matched an improved armor to my freeholder feat AND trained Strong Back 3 in Keepers Pass. Thanks for the replies, guys!
Nihimon
Regnirok
Nihimon

Yeah, no one was around at the time.

Glad you got it sorted, but I'm surprised you didn't see anyone on. For security reasons, folks in the Member's Area don't show up unless you're a Member. Next time you get on TS, hand out in the Pathfinder Oline channel for a while and someone will almost certainly pop out to talk with you.

I'll make sure you're flagged as a member when I get home tonight.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Edam
Its worth noting if you are after something cheap to wear while raiding the PvP focused neighbor settlements hexes, the free +0 Peasant Clothes and +0 Runespun Robes both give 2 keywords (and +6 encumbrance) when the Guide feat is slotted.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Also worth noting that BTNY* are waiting to be asked to crank out +2 peasants clothes, which weigh exactly the same and have extra goodness.

* Bored Tailors Near You
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Also worth noting that BTNY* are waiting to be asked to crank out +2 peasants clothes, which weigh exactly the same and have extra goodness.

* Bored Tailors Near You

True, but the Agile Keyword is not available unless you train Guide to level 8.

I have gone with Guide 4 and Peasant Clothes +1 for 3 keywords and +9 encumbrance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post