Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Spells I'd like to see

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Death Blow: All or nothing spell, staff only, and the staff must be the primary weapon equipped at death) that lets you chose at the moment of death to blow off the remaining durability on your Staff and Armour for a 100 point splash damage per durability of the two. You'd resurrect with zero power and no staff or armour, but a high certainty that you took your killer with you (and likely any party members you had)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Death Blow: All or nothing spell, staff only, and the staff must be the primary weapon equipped at death) that lets you chose at the moment of death to blow off the remaining durability on your Staff and Armour for a 100 point splash damage per durability of the two. You'd resurrect with zero power and no staff or armour, but a high certainty that you took your killer with you (and likely any party members you had)
Retributive strike
Targets self: 10.6 damage factor. Area to self.

(Same idea, using the paradigm of current attacks.)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Retributive strikeTargets self: 10.6 damage factor. Area to self.

Approximately. I was trying to avoid using the spell name from tabletop. I was also looking to create a meaningful choice, by requiring you to blow away all your durability, and have the amount of damage relate to that, so that it's a harder choice the better your armour is.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Asha
Ryan is a liar.
Mark:

I like all of your ideas with the exception of flight. The flight spell would completely unbalance an MMO setting, in regards to melee vs casters.

The idea that there will never be any flight is kind of depressing to me. As far as I'm concerned it's one of my main reasons for loving the idea of magic.

Why cannot flight be added in with balancing restrictions - such as make combat spells impossible to cast while flying, or make the flight spell so expensive as far as power and material costs are concerned that it is unfeasible as a combat tactic?

To ground wizards completely is a crying shame.
Jazzlvraz
With archery as powerful as it is, I know quite a few wizards who'll keep their feet firmly planted for now :-).
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Retributive strikeTargets self: 10.6 damage factor. Area to self.

Approximately. I was trying to avoid using the spell name from tabletop. I was also looking to create a meaningful choice, by requiring you to blow away all your durability, and have the amount of damage relate to that, so that it's a harder choice the better your armour is.

That one would be way to popular with people wearing peasant robes carrying generic T1 charged staff.
penguinwitchdoctor
I hope we can get teleportation circles.
Ooh ee Ooh ah ah walla walla ting tang.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post