Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

No +4 Crafting Achievements?

Smeltbane
I don't know if this is a bug, or there just aren't any achievements for +4 crafting but I crafted several Steel Wire +4 (my last batch made 4 of them even) using the Steel Wire +3 Recipe and did not receive the Tier 1 Uncommon +4 Achevement.

If there aren't supposed to be +4 and +5 achievements that will make it impossible for anyone to advance beyond 7 without taking a second craft because the most you can get for achievement points is 22 and you need 25 for 8.
Nihimon
There are no +4 or +5 Refining Achievements, but there are +4 and +5 Crafting Achievements. Steel Wire is Refined, not Crafted.

To get the extra Crafting Points you need, make the free recipes everyone starts with. Hide and Steel Banded +3 will get you 10 extra Crafting Points, but it'll take a day or so.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Thod-Theodum
You refined several +4 steel wire - you didn't craft them.

There are +4 (and +5) crafting achievements - there are no +4 (or +5) refining achievements.

At least that is according to the spreadsheet Copy of … that has all the numerous tabs

This is a change from alpha - at least earlier alpha.

edit: Nijaed by Nihimon refining my answer …
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Nihimon
Thod
edit: Nijaed by Nihimon refining my answer …

At least yours was a well-crafted answer smile
Smeltbane
*sigh* I was really hoping it was a bug. Now to find some +3 Hide Sheets, my Armorsmith already used the ones I had. Perhaps I'll do a dagger instead.

edit: Or not, not a free recipe, hide sheets it is… well I do have 10 days before I need the achievements.
Tuoweit
There's a number of rank 0 crafted items you could make to earn (up to) the "Tier-0 +3 Common" achievement (don't know why they reuse the word 'Tier' in this context) for different crafts that will give you crafting points, no need to go for a +4.
Stephen Cheney
There are no +4 or +5 refining achievements because we didn't want people to grind them out hoping for the random upgrade. There are +4 and +5 crafting achievements because you can be sure that you either are or are not going to get the achievement (because you used +4 or +5 materials).
lfseeney
So refiners are stuck crafting to get points?
Edam
lfseeney
So refiners are stuck crafting to get points?

Stephen Chenney just said the opposite. There are no +4 or +5 achievments (and the feat gates take that into account, there is no requirement in refining for +4 or +5 achievments to progress) and the reason is to eliminate refine grinding for higher achievments.

Refining gets bonus random upgrades to +4 and +5 but not achievments whereas crafting gets no bonus random upgrades to +4 or +5 but does get the achievments if you deliberatley make those +4 or +5 items.

You will be able to level a refine with +3 common and +3 uncommon achievements from recipes and possibly a few cross-refine achieves.If you are short generic craft points you could craft a few of the free craft recipes but as you will always KNOW the result when crafting (no bonus upgrades) you only need to craft an item once for each achievement.
Nihimon
@Edam, I think lfseeney is talking about Refiners having to make low-end Crafting Recipes in order to get the extra Crafting Points they need to advance, whereas Crafters will be able to get almost all of their 129 required Crafting Points in their own profession.

Look at the Total Deficit for Refining versus for Crafting on the Crafting Points tab of Nihimon's Reference Data.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post