Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Charges and Essence/Gems

Thod-Theodum
The Emerald Lodge is happy to provide spellcasters with charges. We know where to find the elusive moonstone and also where most of the other gems are to be found.

Charges might become something to export for us for players not interested to gather the necessary ingredients.

About costs of gathering and to support a spellcaster - a few people told me I got cheated when I sold 1 tier 2 armour for 500 gems (albeit decorative) and 500 anthithesis essences and 500 yew staves (useful for arrows). So either I did get a fantastic price or some players have these ingredients lying around and don't care.
Can't be that 667-1300 essence and 135-240 gems are unsurmountable for a clerir but a fighter pays a similar price for a single tier 2 armour.
Early days - but we need to play the game and GW will adjust if it truly isn't doable.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Edam
HowardWdW
I had to go get on my Cleric to see the spells "blinding touch and shatter armor". I assume Blinding Touch is actually Bleeding Touch. This has damage factor 0 but causes bleeding 20 and 50% chance for unbalanced. So over 4 rounds I think that translates to 20 + 15 + 10 + 5 = 50 damage. Don't know how keyword matching affects that. There is no spell called "Shatter Armor" that I can see. Touch of Darkness (1.65 factor) is the highest damage melee Cleric spell, useless against undead as it's negative energy. Destructive Smite is the other (0.96 factor physical damage) which for whatever reason seems to do no more damage than Lightning Arc (0.66 factor) when I use it and costs more stamina. If Clerics are supposed to be strong melee combatants, where are the spells that compare with fighter powers with high 2 to 4 damage factors?

Traditionally clerics needed to buff themselves to do any real damage and it was higher level stuff like Dictum that really kicked @rse.

The ridiculous good high level symbol spells do seem to be planned and some cleric buffs are pretty good, but what we seem to be missing altogether is damage enhancing buffs.
Kadere
Personally, I use Focus things (I mostly use Holy Lance, which probably isn't optimal) only until I run dry on stamina (1-2 kills). I then pull out my mace to finish the rest of the group. YMMV.
Edam
On another note - charges will make it even more important to use a good focus (T1 +2 minimum) and match that focus (occult/battle etc) to the correct spell type.
Ortallus
Oh. Touch of Darkness, not blinding touch. Sorry. <.< Got the two messed up or something I guess. And yes, destructive smite is the other one I use.

HowardWdW: Passive aggressive questions don't benefit anyone. They just piss people off, and make people like me think you don't actually want an answer. Or at least not the one you're likely to hear. S

uffice to say, I've been using destructive smite very efficiently. My cleric is 4 days old and has Focus 5, which was obtained in T1 gear solo.

Don't compare class A to class B. Down that way lies madness, and a bunch of whining about fair.

Just don't do it, or I'll start asking why fighters don't have heals that work on others and where their party buffs are, or why they don't get turn undead?

Because they're not the same class. If you want to do fighter melee damage, equip a martial weapon.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Ortallus
Kadere
Personally, I use Focus things (I mostly use Holy Lance, which probably isn't optimal) only until I run dry on stamina (1-2 kills). I then pull out my mace to finish the rest of the group. YMMV.

If you want to level up your focus, try it the other way around. Equip a melee weapon that does a decent AOE, smash a group once or twice, then switch and use the focus.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Kakafika
Will the melee attacks from a focus also use a charge?

It's going to be REALLY difficult/expensive to get divine points once ammo comes in… I've been running around trying to find skeletons to kill, to no avail. I guess I need to find some easy bandits to blast for a few days before the ammo patch.
Azure_Zero
@Kakafika

IF you want skeletons, Go to the SouthWest near Ossian's Crossing, there is a monster escalation hex loaded with them.
Gog
Divine points are not the issue. Killing skeletons with a mace and saying "bless you" to the Sneeze Quest NPC will not give you focus points. You cannot train rank 4 orisons without 1250 killshots from a focus weapon. Every one of those killshots is going to cost a charge. Or several.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Ortallus
Guurzak
Divine points are not the issue. Killing skeletons with a mace and saying "bless you" to the Sneeze Quest NPC will not give you focus points. You cannot train rank 4 orisons without 1250 killshots from a focus weapon. Every one of those killshots is going to cost a charge. Or several.

Not -absolutely- true.

As I've stated before, you can get killshots with a damaging spell or maneuver, of any implement (IE spellbook) and it will count towards the wielded weapon, including divine focus.

Furthermore, I've gotten Focus Expert 5 in about 3 days of active playing with my cleric, without even utilizing that tactic, or by using a softening ability and then finishing them with the focus.

They've already said they're going to make charges less expensive (see the arrows post). Increasing the damage to orisons isn't the answer. Thinking outside the box is.

For the record, I think charges on staves, wands, and divine focus is a bit.. off. It's supposed to be some sort of game balancing thing, but fighters are already far superior in most ways. The only thing I can think of is that charges are meant to encourage caster types to use spells more than orisons/cantrips, which does make sense to a degree.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post