Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Exploitish Ustalavs (emphasis on the -ish)

Bob
It turns out that some of the Ustalav Invaders, in particular their spellcasters, are much easier to defeat than they were intended to be. This makes them a particularly tempting target to go after for Tier 2 drops. We're going to fix this soon, but until they're fixed, those of you with a PvE bent might consider hunting them down.

And for those of you with more of a PvP bent, I'd like to point out that players loaded down with Tier 2 loot also make tempting targets. Just something to consider.

Enjoy!
QMan
you're no fun. *pouts* smile
Kadere
Boo! I didn't realize this was a bug - I've enjoyed going out to the home hexes for Razmirans (I think their Clerics might be affected by this same issue) and soloing any red mobs that are alone or I can pull away.
lfseeney
WHAT?

They only Debuff even when alone how could you think that it was working as correct?

lfseeney
We tried to PVP Bob but they hid in town.

Thanks for fixing it.

Now about Charges….
Brighthaven Leader
We PvPed a good bit, before going back to town, but someone was following us right out of town..
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
markelphoenix
Was talking about this in Mumble. What we largely settled on, is that there is probably a high stamina primary attack and a low stamina debuff. We recall, accurately or not, an initial damage attack then nothing but debuffs.

What is probably happening, is large attack drains the stamina below 50, and the AI is set to always be attacking, so it switches to the lower stamina debuff instead of waiting for Stamina to regen to the point of being able to use the main attack again.
KarlBob
markelphoenix
Was talking about this in Mumble. What we largely settled on, is that there is probably a high stamina primary attack and a low stamina debuff. We recall, accurately or not, an initial damage attack then nothing but debuffs.

What is probably happening, is large attack drains the stamina below 50, and the AI is set to always be attacking, so it switches to the lower stamina debuff instead of waiting for Stamina to regen to the point of being able to use the main attack again.
We know that this is what happens when NPC archers get stuck in a cycle of firing low-Stamina-cost Interrupt attacks every round.

I don't remember a first blast from the Ustalav casters that did damage, before they settled into casting the low-Stamina debuff every round. If there is an initial attack, it must not do very much damage.
Kadere
lfseeney
WHAT?

They only Debuff even when alone how could you think that it was working as correct?

The Razmirans do damage, just not nearly as much as most mobs of their level. This led to believe they were designed to support their groups, and thus I felt quite clever in searching for smaller groups and pulling them out. If you can't see how a support caster is potentially working as intended, then you and I approach things very differently. I saw interesting and variable design, and you saw an exploit. I don't feel like this reflects badly on me.

It is worth noting that there are only maybe 3 spawn locations in my favourite hex that provide me the conditions to do it, reinforcing that it was an interesting edge case, and not a bug.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
It is good to hear that we are encouraged to make good use of bugs / exploits, while they last. That is the as I would usually play anyway. If they (Devs) cared so much about the exploit, they'd fix it, has always been my philosophy.

Will be hunting down these mobs and looking for PvP opportunities as well. T2 gear / mat drops are worth he rep loss.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post