Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Exploitish Ustalavs (emphasis on the -ish)

Midnight
Kakafika
Living Dangerously: Hunting crafters and afk bankers.

This PvPer has no town kills (on any character or account) except two nights ago when townies surrounded a party member and wouldn't allow him to move.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Kitsune
Kakafika
Living Dangerously: Hunting crafters and afk bankers.

I'm picturing Steve Irwin (R.I.P.):
"Right! Ah, would you look at that? She's a beauty! It looks like she's currently working on a new set of plate armor. Let's get a closer look."

BRILLIANT!
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
Midnight
… townies surrounded a party member and wouldn't allow him to move.

For the record, this was reported to the devs a month ago in Two Exploitable Situations.

Ryan's response:

Ryan Dancey
Cool!

I'd recommend getting Sonic Thrust, but that's just going to flag you and get you killed.

My ideal solution would be that other Player Characters only block you when they're flagged to you.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Midnight
Ok back to exploitish-ing Ustalavs. Last night someone told me their party faced coercion in that escalation hex and they felt it was from people who've been farming it for weeks.

Feel free to completely disregard that incident. It's hearsay, likely slanted, biased, and possibly leaving out all kinds of additional information that might make the other side look good.

All that is a given, so let's not even get into whether it happened or not. Let's call it complete fiction.

The point I'd like to make after hearing about it though is that such an incident should not even be possible.

I thought the Dev O.P. provided a novel and likely fun filled solution to the power imbalance. But given how PvP averse the current playerbase is, it doesn't sound like it led to a lot of diversity in who's out there. Unless the dev (who was out there last night) is actually SATISFIED with the diversity that he saw, I'd suggest the devs tell everyone with that escalation type's faction achievement above x hundred kills to step away from the crack pipe and leave the area to others until it is fixed (and not to farm it with alts or other accounts either). Furthermore (and god I really do hate to say this) if you really want diversity you should declare the monster hex a No PvP zone, as well as forbidding PvP in the surrounding areas outside of their tower PvP windows.

Otherwise, it could be that all you've done is greenlight this for the people who are already comfortable there, who already have plenty of broken pinata loot and who can scare away the competition and now claim that you told them they should PvP over it.

I'm serious when I say I liked the dev's original idea. I saw lots of potential fun in it. And since the dev was there last night and I was stuck at work, he probably knows better than me whether there were lots of new faces, so he should definitely be the judge on whether his original plan is getting the results he wants. But if it isn't, well, now you have some suggestions to consider.

Note: as soon as this is fixed, I have no problem with power blocs farming the heck out of it and exerting every allowable territorial control at their disposal. I *LIKE* territorial control; a LOT. But trying to exert territoriality over a broken tier 2 escalation right now… I'm not sure that's a good idea.

[stealth edit: apparently it was Lisa, that my mates saw out there, for whatever relevance that holds]
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
Midnight
… declare the monster hex a No PvP zone.

Wow. I can't even. It's like I don't even know you…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Midnight
Nihimon
Midnight
… townies surrounded a party member and wouldn't allow him to move.

For the record, this was reported to the devs a month ago in Two Exploitable Situations.

Ryan's response:

Ryan Dancey
Cool!

I'd recommend getting Sonic Thrust, but that's just going to flag you and get you killed.

My ideal solution would be that other Player Characters only block you when they're flagged to you.

I'm going to agree with Ryan. It *was* cool. In fact we excitedly realized those townies had provided us a base for the pyramiding my mates are nuts about and clambered aboard them for a game of king of the hill. It was totally fun. But I'm just saying, the only townie I've ever shot wasn't helpless afking or banking, he was engaged in a goofy form of coordinated group "PvP" to which there is no sanctioned PvP counter. Hey, I should ask for that rep back. :-)
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Nihimon
Midnight

I know, right?

I'm going to put on a dress now and do some mining in Eve.
-Edmund Burke
KarlBob
Midnight
Nihimon
Midnight

I know, right?

I'm going to put on a dress now and do some mining in Eve.
Like this one?
Kakafika
EDIT:

*facepalm*

This is getting sillier every day; borderline unbelievable. Is it April already?
Midnight
@KarlBob

I can't believe someone has archived that dress. A mere space miner isn't worthy of the dress of the best mechanic in the 'verse.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post