Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Exploitish Ustalavs (emphasis on the -ish)

Gog
Midnight, you ought to see to your girl. She's not very good. She made you a dress looks like you bought it in a store.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Midnight
LOL, They need to bring that show back.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tuoweit
Midnight
But even with vets, look at how few players want to fight Sleepers in Eve, even though they are guarding or providing what is among the best resources in the game. Lots of (most?) players tried them and said aww hells no.

I'm sure that's entirely because of the AI and has nothing at all to do with the fact that Sleepers have some of the toughest NPC ships around and people don't want to risk expensively-fit ships in a dodgy wormhole where they could be jumped with even less warning than even low/null sec and that they may never find their way back from….

Sleepers are very high risk PvE content, and better AI only a small factor in that; some people simply don't want that much risk no matter the reward.
Midnight
Tuoweit
Midnight
But even with vets, look at how few players want to fight Sleepers in Eve, even though they are guarding or providing what is among the best resources in the game. Lots of (most?) players tried them and said aww hells no.

I'm sure that's entirely because of the AI and has nothing at all to do with the fact that Sleepers have some of the toughest NPC ships around and people don't want to risk expensively-fit ships in a dodgy wormhole where they could be jumped with even less warning than even low/null sec and that they may never find their way back from….

Sleepers are very high risk PvE content, and better AI only a small factor in that; some people simply don't want that much risk no matter the reward.

Totally valid point. There's rarely any SINGLE reason for player behavior.

I'd heard an event might bring sleepers into empire space. THAT could be informative to watch.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Good AI is of no use if you put it on enemies that will simply be rolled by players far better equipped.

The only point now to rolling out better AI would be to test the system that might be rolled out at roughly the same time as Monster Play.
FuryFire
Midnight
But trying to exert territoriality over a broken tier 2 escalation right now… I'm not sure that's a good idea.

I don't recall any groups in the Ustalavian escalation on the night of the 12th other than ourselves (TEO) and Golgotha. I'm going to assume you aren't referring to the Golgothan group being coerced into leaving, because I think that would fail multiple logic tests. I'd love to hear if there was another group there that night.

That being said…on the night of the 10th, after we encountered a group of Golgothans we outnumbered greatly, I offered to give them the monster hex while we farmed the hex north of it (which wasn't as mob-rich, but we were winding down for the night anyways). The only territoriality over that escalation, that I'm aware of, was us attacking AGC much earlier (more of a they were KOS than territoriality issue), and Golgotha attacking us at the escalation the very night after we let them farm it and even gave them the best hex. This is *not* fiction, and I believe these are facts that speak for themselves.
Midnight
Like I said, feel free to ignore or discount the tale that got me thinking about territoriality out there.

As I said, I'm not actually as concerned over it, as I was concerned about what could happen.

BUT, when I went out we had the place to ourselves except for one hapless spy who I'll assume wanted to know where we were so someone else could relax wherever they were hunting. We left her alive so she could keep following us and keep letting the other folks (wherever they were) relax in their hunting too.

I am concerned that I didn't see the great rush of newly informed players I was hoping for. But since we didn't bump into them either, I'm willing to say that the lack of diversity I saw out there on a Friday night prime playing time was most likely due to people just not showing up. Maybe they are just stuck in their own little routines.

I'd say territoriality was NOT an issue, nor did anyone else bring me another coercion tale over the next few days or even mention seeing many people. That seems very sportsmanlike, so nice going folks. My concern turned out to be for nothing, but I'm still wondering what it takes to get new people out there if waving tier 2 recipes under their noses didn't do it. There were a few people who talked about having gone on another forum, but I was expecting crowds.
-Edmund Burke
Brighthaven Leader
Midnight, new people were out there.

One night, we saw people from multiple AL settlements, KotC had someone out there, and we saw some people that weren't on any of my lists at all (going to assume the group of 3 weren't in a settlement). There was a decent influx of people, however Friday night, EBA was clearing escalations in our area, some of these escalations can get out of hand if you don't prune them up.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post