Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v4.0 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Azure_Zero
Ortallus
Sspitfire1
Azure_Zero
Ortallus
markelphoenix
Yep the two largest settlements would get one hell of a boost, and new players would flock to them,
Hence why my example equation before only gave smaller settlements the boost, with the biggest needing to choose.

Azure, small settlements were never meant to survive in this game.

No. They were meant to grow and gain new people. If all the people flock to 2 settlements, though, then there can't really be any multi-settlement kingdoms, which was also intended in the game.

Exactly, the smaller settlements are suppose to grow. but if they get hindered by a new design spec, you'll be left folks moving to large settlement and with only very large settlements left you'll have a Red vs Blue stick.

If goblinworks wants their to be many settlements and many groups with various fights going on, they need to help the smaller settlements and hinder the biggest ones. They need to get players to spread out and create diversity.
Sspitfire1
Ortallus
Sspitfire1
Azure_Zero
Ortallus
markelphoenix
Yep the two largest settlements would get one hell of a boost, and new players would flock to them,
Hence why my example equation before only gave smaller settlements the boost, with the biggest needing to choose.

Azure, small settlements were never meant to survive in this game.

No. They were meant to grow and gain new people. If all the people flock to 2 settlements, though, then there can't really be any multi-settlement kingdoms, which was also intended in the game.

Boosting small settlements incentives keeping a settlement small. Boosting large settlements encourages small settlements to grow so they can get the benefits of the larger settlements.

"Two large settlements in the game" is also a bit naive. TSV, KP, TEO and Hammerfall will never converge into one settlement. We all have very different play styles and settlement-level personalities that work great in an alliance- but not with us all under one roof. Moreover, if everyone joins into two large settlements, then training in the roles that are not covered by those 2 settlements will be stuck at Rank 8. Incentivizing larger settlements might force folks in small settlements to "join" larger settlements for the time being. But as the game grows, the larger settlements will need to shed players and the smaller settlements will be the first to depart for their homecoming.
Nihimon
Daeglin
His second point refers to the inequities of when various roles/builds will get Tier 2 items. If the recipe for Tier 2 armor specific for one role's feature requires level 9, and for another is level 11, some settlements with the first role have a much lower barrier of Tower cost to equip its chosen role then another settlement.

I'm not really worried about this, even though it affects me very directly (I finally got my first Embroidered Silk Robes cooking last night).

This problem is only a real problem during this ramp-up phase, and there are other, vastly more important things for the devs to worry about right now than rebalancing the entire crafting system.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Nihimon
Can folks please make an effort not to quote the entire message just to make a short reply? It's significantly cluttering the forums.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Kradlum Kabal
Sspitfire - are they the figures for EE4 or the accidentally leaked figures for EE5?
Honest Snotbad's Travelling Traders. Purveyors of fine goods since 2015.
Stoneroot Glade - Home of the brave.
Tyncale
Spamming expendables sounds like a bad idea: you can deplete your Power twice and then that's it for the next 2 hours: no more expendables. You need to use them smartly, and also have to Counter them smartly. The difference is, now we are finally playing with fire, instead of lukewarm water.

We also now have durations that are workable. Buffing up for every fight is already *much* better then having to buff up *for every single attack* as was implied with the Striking tokens that have 1 round duration. Same with stuff like Endure Elements: with a longer duration that lasts an entire fight it is now actually worthwhile to reserve a slot for it on your implement bar.

You still have to make choices as to which expendables you are slotting. Or Utility or Consumable. You still have to reserve Power. You still have to use them smartly as to not get interrupted: use a Mind Blank Utility first, for instance.

Maybe some are packing too much of a punch. But the new expendables sound like much more fun. Also, PvE. I know I am not allowed to find this important in this game, but I would like to at least pack a punch on some stupid mobile.

Also, strength in numbers, good tactics and organization(teamspeak) will still trump *any* hard-hitting expendable.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
markelphoenix
Exactly, Tyncale!
Tigari
EDIT: Nevermind my ignorance, tink just informed me they do dmg in test server. I apologize to everyone!!!!
Avari
Azure_Zero
Exactly, the smaller settlements are suppose to grow. but if they get hindered by a new design spec, you'll be left folks moving to large settlement and with only very large settlements left you'll have a Red vs Blue stick.

If goblinworks wants their to be many settlements and many groups with various fights going on, they need to help the smaller settlements and hinder the biggest ones. They need to get players to spread out and create diversity.

We are nowhere close to the point where GW wants settlements to start playing under soft caps to inhibit their growth. Brighthaven is less than half way to the population it will need to be successful. Are you suggesting they have to slow down so that failed groups can catch up? I happen to agree with Goblinworks approach, funnel the players into a viable # of groups (imo 12-15) through a mechanic that forces players into successful settlements.
Ryan Dancey
You can keep making the same old "don't misquote me" posts by the same small circle of people getting angrier and angrier about it, and I'll just keep deleting them. Or you could find something more useful to do, like taking all that passion and going out to the world and finding some more players who want to Crowdforge an MMO!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post