Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

EE v4.0 TEST SERVER Release Notes

KarlBob
"All crafting settlements will collapse," is probably a slight exaggeration.

Specifically removing all of the Core Six towers isn't a request I recall seeing, but "Remove 3/4 of the towers," was the title of a recent two page post on this forum.

I don't think all of the crafting settlements will collapse. I also don't believe that all of the gatherers will stop venturing more than one hex away from their settlements. Resources are still unevenly distributed around the map, and we'll still have to trade to keep everyone equipped.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
This benefits just a handful (less than five) settlements in the short term, until they realize that they do not offer all of the training to meet player demand.

Right now, many players have characters that can train role levels 10+. A settlement will have to control 12 towers to maintain that training. But, there are only 4 towers per settlement to control if there is no conflict. There are probably only 5 - 7 settlements that can participate in that level of conflict. Forcing 20 or more settlements to reconsider their settlement plans.

Crowd forging? If there is no screen shot, it didn't happen.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It kind of sounds like people want to be forced to fight over towers, but haven't considered the meaningful choices that result. This might not be what we wanted, but I'm pretty sure it's what we (the collective we, not me) were asking for. Removing the other towers, but keeping the core six, would have allowed the big groups to decide which small groups were successful, based on convenience. This will probably be a more organic (in the sense of people having to get down in the muck and fight for their choices) process.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
KarlBob
Bluddwolf
Close enough?

Edit: Here's a direct quote suggesting the Core Six as the right towers to remove. That's not just close; it's the screen shot, as requested.
Gog
Kradlum
The place you train needs to have enough towers to support your training.

I'm nearly certain I've seen a dev note that this was going to be changed to base your available training level purely on your home city's tower count, but I can't find the quote now.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Kradlum Kabal
KarlBob
"All crafting settlements will collapse," is probably a slight exaggeration.

If that is supposed to be quoting me, it's a total misquote.
Honest Snotbad's Travelling Traders. Purveyors of fine goods since 2015.
Stoneroot Glade - Home of the brave.
Kradlum Kabal
Guurzak
Kradlum
The place you train needs to have enough towers to support your training.

I'm nearly certain I've seen a dev note that this was going to be changed to base your available training level purely on your home city's tower count, but I can't find the quote now.

Going to be changed? I don't see it listed in EE4.

Do you have Hp trained to lvl 14? Because if you do, and you want to keep that skill, you're going to have to take all the towers from 5 other settlements, and keep all of them every day. Is that what you want?
Honest Snotbad's Travelling Traders. Purveyors of fine goods since 2015.
Stoneroot Glade - Home of the brave.
lfseeney
Will the Missing towers take away from the Materials, at the end of the WOT?
QMan
lfseeney
Will the Missing towers take away from the Materials, at the end of the WOT?
Do you mean DI? I don't know if they've even detailed how much you'd get. I remember them saying something like the difference or gain would be minimal as to not give one group a big advantage over another. Not sure if they even have a concrete idea on that point. Another question I would like to know on that is if the company gets the DI points or if it goes to the settlement. What happens if a company holds a bunch of towers and decides to go to another settlement before WoT is over. Does the 'credit' for DI go to the new settlement or old?
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
KarlBob
Bluddwolf
Close enough?

Edit: Here's a direct quote suggesting the Core Six as the right towers to remove. That's not just close; it's the screen shot, as requested.

The number of towers is way too high relative to the population: each individual tower is worth about nothing, and they don't serve their purpose of enabling pvp because you have no idea which of 20 hexes you might find an attacking or defending force in.

Take out 75% of the towers, and make each one worth 2 levels of training. Same net effect but towers are now worth defending.

But you see, what is being proposed in EE4 is not what was requested. Sure, reducing towers might have been necessary, but at the same time they are being made twice as ineffective is what locks out smaller and even moderate settlements from Tier 2 training and crafting.

Besides, can Crowd Forging really be as simple as one person's opinion being taken into account?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post