Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Diminishing Returns?

Nihimon
Are diminishing returns in yet for things like Knockdown?

I've realized for a while now that I really need to have a Wand build ready for PvP, so when I recreated Nihimon last night, I did a little research and finally got the Wand Attacks. Just using Flare and Downburst, I felt extremely overpowered. One PvP fight, against someone else who I'm pretty sure also had T2 armor and weapon from Bonny, started with me at about 1/4 life, but I was able to win almost easily, mostly because of Downburst.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Stephen Cheney
Supposed to be.

Each time you hit someone with knockdown, it should give them something like +17 Freedom, which is meant to provide further defense against the knockdown component of the attack. So after three knockdowns within a short period, an attack that was hitting exactly should be missing by around 50 as far as the knockdown component is concerned, reducing its duration by about 45% and downgrading it to (I think) an immobilize. It shouldn't affect the damage of the attack, just the crowd control effect.

It'd be great if people could confirm whether or not Freedom is working as intended.
Decius
Should there be a way we can see how many stacks of each effect we have?
Stephen Cheney
Should there be? Yes. Is there? No. smile

I think Tork has it in his UI requirements, so it'll get added eventually.
Gog
Stephen Cheney
Supposed to be.

Each time you hit someone with knockdown, it should give them something like +17 Freedom, which is meant to provide further defense against the knockdown component of the attack. So after three knockdowns within a short period, an attack that was hitting exactly should be missing by around 50 as far as the knockdown component is concerned, reducing its duration by about 45% and downgrading it to (I think) an immobilize. It shouldn't affect the damage of the attack, just the crowd control effect.

It'd be great if people could confirm whether or not Freedom is working as intended.

It seems like this mechanic is either not fully working, or is ineffective as designed. #DownburstMasterRace
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Nihimon
Guurzak
#DownburstMasterRace

Hah!

Again, I'm not sure we have enough data to really conclude that anything's broken. I seldom had to use much more than 3 or 4 Downbursts in a single fight, and remember having a sense that sometimes it didn't work.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that everyone seems so dismayed that I managed to figure this all out. I mean, I've been saying from the beginning that I like and want PvP. Sure, I haven't played many Open World PvP games, but that's because I don't like murder simulators. Just because I don't constantly talk about how awesome I am, or put down "carebears" to show my dominance, or have "what it takes" to play a murder sim, doesn't mean I'm going to suck at PvP. Frankly, the assumption that the system must somehow be broken seems kind of lame. It seems at least as likely that the folks I've been dominating in PvP were mostly just trying to faceroll some high damage attacks without putting in the time to find an effective build.

Perhaps the assumptions that folks made about me are just wrong. Maybe a reasonably smart guy who's spent two and a half years utterly stoked about this game and utterly dedicated to gathering and sharing knowledge about the game is the same kind of guy who's going to spend a lot of time analyzing the data we have available in order to put together an effective build.

My apologies if this seems kind of curt, but it sounds a lot like "ZOMG, Nihimon's winning at PvP, the system must be broken!"
Gog
K types always react badly when E types pull a trick they haven't seen before. It's not about you.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Nihimon
Guurzak
It's not about you.

*pouts*
TheGoodfellow
as nihimon said, I don't think he used it more than 3 or 4 times before we died to him and/or others. more testing to be sure but maybe a noticeable difference would occur if there was a faster diminishing return. I only say this because again, if it is support to work after 3 or 4, and it only take 3 or 4 to kill us, then by the time it works, we are dead and that defeats the purpose. The biggest thing, even bigger than that stun move, was the targeting issue. None of us could target without an enormous effort since tab target doesn't work in pvp, but that is another topic and I believe might be being addressed this build.

Anyway, I am glad to see nihimon can fight, means we have to work and not just stroll over him. congrats and kudos.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post