Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Post Cataclysm thought.

Ortallus
Please delete this thread/comment.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
markelphoenix
So, math was done by Cheatle. a Settlement will need roughly 1300 people to be fully realized, based upon current info about how settlements will work. You guys are thinking too small scale. There is already planned up keep for things, based upon development choices of ones settlement.

Small groups need to focus on differentiating and drawing in players.
Brighthaven Leader
By my math you will need 120 MINIMUM to run a settlement, and 1300 MAXIMUM to fully max out all of your POIs, Outposts, Crafting needs, and Construction Ques.

Those are characters gaining experience, so you could do it right now if you have 60 active members with DTs. The sweet spot will be somewhere between 500-600 to gain full DI for your settlement (or as much as possible for your specific settlement). I think TEO is big enough for what would be considered a Moderate Sized Settlement. We should be able to maintain 7-8 POIs and 10-12 Outposts, by the math the Devs talked about.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Ortallus
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Ortallus
Gog
The math I saw from GW estimated an average settlement at about 600 people: 10-ish hexes each managed by a company of 50, plus a headquarters cadre of about 100.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Yrme
Guurzak
The math I saw from GW estimated an average settlement at about 600 people: 10-ish hexes each managed by a company of 50, plus a headquarters cadre of about 100.

That was generally my impression, too. Although I think that a lot of the hexes might be split between 2 companies: a POI holding company composed of maybe 20-30 PvP/PvE players and a company managing the 2 Outposts composed of 20-30 PvE/Gatherer/Crafter players.

(The two companies are split to (a) give room for growth and (b) allow the POI and Outpost companies to spend Influence on separate enhancements.)
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post